Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exige gone, Porsche 997.2 C4S in

Lenny39

So after much deliberation between the gen 2 C2S, C4S and GTS I ended up buying a 2010 black C4S which I picked up yesterday.

Main spec is as follows.

PSE
Sports Chrono Plus
PDK
Dynamic Cornering Lights
BOSE
Sports/Heated Seats
19 inch turbo wheels

First impressions are good although the exhaust note for me even with PSE on is a little muted (compared with the Exige). I'm sure a bit of tinkering will take place with the exhaust...

Anyway I expect I will have a few questions for you all over the next few weeks.
:roll:

Pictures will follow when it isn't raining.

Welcome to the forum :thumb: great start to the New Year! !

Happy New Year, and many congratulations on your new car. :)

A fine choice. :thumb:

Look forwards to seeing some photos (after the rain is over).

:pc: :pc: duel post

Welcome Lenny, yes the gen2s exhaust even with PSE is a bit muted , what most do unless your under opt warranty is the read muffler delete using either a cross over or X pipe design . these are only a few hundred quid and make a difference , avail from various places Haywood and Scott or Topgear exhausts are the usual two ,but also avail from Sharkwerks and others.
also consider fitting BMC sports filters about £135 they give a nice induction growl as you go through the rev range. :thumb: there is also a mod that can be done that either fixes the PSE open all the time or I understand one that allows it to be open or closed but not controlled by the revs again improves the sound especially during normal type driving have a google for carnewal exhaust controls or similar :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Welcome Lenny, yes the gen2s exhaust even with PSE is a bit muted , what most do unless your under opt warranty is the read muffler delete using either a cross over or X pipe design . these are only a few hundred quid and make a difference , avail from various places Haywood and Scott or Topgear exhausts are the usual two ,but also avail from Sharkwerks and others.
also consider fitting BMC sports filters about £135 they give a nice induction growl as you go through the rev range. :thumb: there is also a mod that can be done that either fixes the PSE open all the time or I understand one that allows it to be open or closed but not controlled by the revs again improves the sound especially during normal type driving have a google for carnewal exhaust controls or similar :thumb:

That's really useful I had already been looking at the Haywood & Scott option. Does it make a considerable difference? I think for resale purposes I don't want to modify it much.

Lenny39 said:
Phil 997 said:

That's really useful I had already been looking at the Haywood & Scott option. Does it make a considerable difference? I think for resale purposes I don't want to modify it much.

Its not gate of hell opening loud , but its a nice tone and a good improvement over the stock PSE and great value for money as upgrades go and very very easy to switch back for resale and then sell the H&S get some of the cost back. and the same with the BMC air filter 15min DIY switch and then replace the stock filters on resale :thumb: :thumb: I have heard a few 997,2s with PSE and rear muffler delete and its a nice proper Porsche Sports car exhaust sound. If you want race car type sound you will need to change the whole exhaust and it starts to get expensive. but again easy to put back to stock at sale time. but 99% of owners are very happy with just the sports air filter and rear muffler delete set up.:thumb: :thumb:

You need to remove the centre silencer to hear the engine properly. I've got Sharkwerks and would recommend it. Keep the standard silencer for when you sell the car.

I've been meaning to post up my Milltek bypass pipe for sale so let me know if you're interested at £250 - they're around £440 new. (I somewhat hastily bought it as I was going to do a comparison with my Topgear one but having since bought a GT3 my focus has changed).

I've got the H&S on my C4S and I'm very pleased ... not sure I'd want it any louder. It's more than sufficient to wake the household on a cold start, and they can usually hear me coming from quite some distance.

Too many responses, not enough pics CHOP CHOP! :grin:

I go to work and come home from work in the dark. Pics at the weekend. :lol:

Turn the PSE on all the time. My Gen 1 has it done (its simple, think its removing a fuse???) and dam it makes an amazing growlurble when parking, or changing down, or well all the time :)

Welcome!

I might be biased but sounds like you have a cracker ;)

I am another +1 for fitting a the silencer bypass kit. I fitted the TopGear kit and I am very happy with the note with PSE on or off.

You can simply unplug the PSE controller to keep the valves open all the time but with the bypass kit it sounds great even when valves are closed.

Congrats on the car - sounds like a similar spec' to mine bought last May/June (except for the headlights).

2 minds on exhaust mods...I think the PSE sounds pretty good from inside (car is nearly always in Sport + mode) and people have commented that it sounds great when overtaking them.

I love nice sounding cars, but am also starting to value being able to make them quiet when needing to move around stealthily.

I think the first change I'll make in the coming months will be to get shot of the crap Pirelli tyres. This should move the balance of noise in the cabin away from tyre roar and towards engine noise :) It'll also make the car nicer to drive.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back