Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Steering Wheel Adaptor for new HU?

997-Josh

Hi all,

Long time no see and I hope everyone's had a good Christmas.

A while ago I said I would be putting in a new Head Unit (Sony XAV-AX100) into my 911 997 Gen 2 C2S. I did this back in Jan, though at the time Resigner said the following -

resigner said:
The adaptor to make the steering wheel controls work is about £250!

To which I largely glossed over on the basis that my electrician was confident a standard adaptor would work.

The Head Unit is in and working well, and a worthy upgrade - but inevitably... No steering wheel buttons. He tried for hours but couldn't get it to work.

I just wanted to see whether anyone has done this job before and knows what adaptor/kit is required, as I'd quite like to pull out this headunit again and put in the correct adaptor/get these buttons working. It's frustrating to have everything working well except for this.

Bonus points for anyone who can give me the name of someone to do the job in Hertfordshire/Watford area who has experience with this particular issue, as I'm starting to think it may be a bit of a meal.

Many thanks for your help!
Josh

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back