Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Samsung Galaxy to 997.2 Bose. Where is the Music!

segart

I dont seem able to listen to music from my phone, in the car. My 2010 C2S has a phono, ipod and USB socket, but none of these will enable me to listen to my music through my Bose system. I do have a plug in gadget that transmits my music to the radio but this involves a cable, is a bit clunky, and the quality is not too crisp.
Any advise for me?!
Thanks in advance
Rick

This is unfortunatly my worst area to help with .. these things confuse me .. but do you not have bluetooth you can use to connect your phone ?

Other than that .. someone far more experienced than me will be along shortly .

997.2's don't have A2DP which allows the streaming of music and have phone functionality. There are a number of people that have installed 3rd party like Bovee etc to get around it.

I gave up trying and use an ipod that someone gave me. I spend most of my driving time listening to Radio 2 anyway :D

The only issue I can`t seem to cure is when I receive a text message while the phone is paired to the car, the message does not save on my phone .... unlike my Ford Connect van and my wife`s Polo Gti. :dont know:

Put your songs on a USB thumb drive and use the USB port. It should show up on the PCM (worked for me on a 997.2 GTS)

I tried the Bovee bluetooth adapter but still can't use the functions on the PCM to control the music/playlists. I read some people have success in using the iPod functionality by using an old version of the iPod connected via the Y cable.

I ended up using a 13pin to lightning adapter and an extension lead (I have the phone mounted on the windscreen) to connect my iPhone 5 SE. Wase pushes the notifications through the PCM which is handy and I can stream my music but all music control is through the phone not the PCM. Some people seem to be able to get the PCM IPod functionality with their phone using this method, I couldn't but it might be something to do with the music app being used.

Thanks guys. I should have mentioned i use a Spotify account. I am bot a fan of Apple/ipod. I think i will soldier on with the transmitter for now!
Atb
Rick

To stream music eg Spotify premium via bluetooth to a PCM 3 you need a Porsche Y cable and a bovee 1000 .
:thumb: :thumb:

I too am an Android / Spotify user and as I was spoilt with using bluetooth, I got one of the cheap adapters which can pair to 2 phones (useful when either of us take the car) and I cannot say I notice any audio quality issues - and am fairly picky!

For one, Spotify is compressed as most streaming products (even if you store it), then Bose isn't exactly audiophile stuff, but mostly the road noise drowns any nuances.

The only drawback is that I have to control playback using the phone, but as I don't have the multifunction wheel anyway, any fiddling with audio unfortunately requires averting eyes from the road. In a way because I use voice commands it's actually better to rely on your phone.

If you want to invest far more then replacing the head unit is the way to go!

The thing is Ice, whilst i have the phone bluetoothed in nicely, i cannot seem to get any music to play from the phone. Unless i am missing something obvious? The only way i have found so far is to use an Itrip to transmit music via the radio.
Like you i am not fussed about having to control music on the phone and not on the PCM, but i think i am missing out on some sound quality on the Bose.
Cheers
Rick

You could just upgrade to a 991 :grin: Actually no as you'll just want to listen to the engine! :dont know:

Well thats exactly it isn't? In a regular car i enjoy the music but in the 911 playing tunes on the exhaust pipes is way more fun!

To clarify you will need a bluetooth adapter, the built in bluetooth only works for phone call audio and doesn't support music streaming.

I got this one: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw1qGowxkA5YdUUdwcjqJcdS

You plug one end to the aux port and the other to USB (for charging, though the device can run on its battery for short journeys). I leave mine plugged in and hasn't drained the battery.

For just £11.90 I thought there really wasn't much to lose by giving it a try, but to my surprise has worked flawlessly for the past year!

Thanks for that Ice and that sounds like it will do the job. I have now ordered one. Odd that porsche seem to be so behind the curve on connectivity, even in 2010.
Cheers
Rick

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back