Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

MK 2 Golf Rallye

Locosaki

A family member is close to buying one of these, personally I don't like the look but each to there own. Any VW guys on here with any knowledge on them, apparently these are quite rare.

Lastly if it makes any odds, the G60 has been removed and it's now got a 2.0 16v turbo.

Does it come with the original G60 lump?

If not dont pay top whack for it as a good chunk of its value has been lost by fitting the 16VT lump.

Where is the car? Any more details? They were fairly cheap at one point so a lot were buggered around with and badly repaired / painted so buyer beware.

Just comes with the 16v turbo unit, it's got a Quaife 6speed box and some kind of fancy gear shifter so it's been modded a fair bit the list goes on from what I've been told.

Car is in Dundee just now and has been for the last few years, it's had 4 previous owners and was south coast of England before Dundee. Pearl blue in colour and on H plate

These start at about £22K for an "ok" example but as said above, if it hasn't got its original G60 with it, it's only going to be worth half as much. The drivetrain is pretty reliable but it is getting on for 30 years old so things like the Haldex system might not be in the best of health. They can take a big hike in the original power (160BHP), I've known people who've run 400+ on the standard drivetrain internals but obviously the life is going to be compromised...

They're still a desirable car but go in with great care. I bought a slightly rough G60 for £7k a few years ago before they went stratospheric. I must have spent the same again getting it up to scratch but I'd budgeted for it. It's worth more than it owes me & is a really different & rewarding car to drive - I love it! I've never seen another on the road while I've had it & I regularly get people coming up to me in car parks offering to buy it

A mate had a blue G60, we came second in a 'show and shine' at ED38 one year! In the standard category, despite having slept in it hours before :)

Can we see yours?

Not mine bud I'll see if I can get a picture and post it.

This has an uprated diff also, I'm gonna ask for the engine/box spec too and I'll stick it up here.

I wouldn't bother if it hasn't got the correct engine.

Engine + 4wd were what made the car special.... it certainly wasn't the looks!

(I used to have a polo G40, comedy gold!)

The return of Marty Wild said:
A mate had a blue G60, we came second in a 'show and shine' at ED38 one year! In the standard category, despite having slept in it hours before :)

Can we see yours?

Sure - leather & A/C is incredibly rare (even more rare is that the A/C actually works!) :D

It's coming up on 160K Kms & still drives really well

Attachments

• unadjustednonraw_thumb_be2_373.jpg
    unadjustednonraw_thumb_be2_373.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 12,381
  • unadjustednonraw_thumb_be6_231.jpg
    unadjustednonraw_thumb_be6_231.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 12,381
  • unadjustednonraw_thumb_be5_112.jpg
    unadjustednonraw_thumb_be5_112.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 12,381
  • unadjustednonraw_thumb_be4_181.jpg
    unadjustednonraw_thumb_be4_181.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 12,381
  • unadjustednonraw_thumb_be3_134.jpg
    unadjustednonraw_thumb_be3_134.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 12,381
  • unadjustednonraw_thumb_be7_172.jpg
    unadjustednonraw_thumb_be7_172.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 12,381
Very nice, I'd have that before the rallye always liked the G60.

Here's a picture I got and I'm trying to get spec

What a blast from the past!

I had 2 Mk2 golfs, an 8v first and then a 16v. Always really fancied a rallye but could never afford one. Closest I came was 'almost' buying a standard GTI which had been converted to G60 spec.

Golf limited is the real holy grail but no idea if they ever come up for sale?

Nick :thumb:

(Have you thought about having the rear wiper parked in the horizontal position, much nicer aesthetically) -IMO

James M-S said:
Nick :thumb:

(Have you thought about having the rear wiper parked in the horizontal position, much nicer aesthetically) -IMO

And only takes 5 minutes.

NXI20 said:
Sure - leather & A/C is incredibly rare (even more rare is that the A/C actually works!) :D It's coming up on 160K Kms & still drives really well

Nice, pretty sure a mate used to own that car.

My G60 Edition 1 was also an AC car, 38k kms and absolutely perfect - loved that thing!

JevG60.JPG

Locosaki, please tell your family member to make sure he does plenty of homework, that car is far from factory and therefore worth a good chunk less. Great if he wants to enjoy driving it but not so great if he's buying it to own a Rallye. How much is it?

15k ONO. What sort of money is a good genuine G60 ?

James M-S said:
I wouldn't bother if it hasn't got the correct engine.

Engine + 4wd were what made the car special.... it certainly wasn't the looks!

(I used to have a polo G40, comedy gold!)

:agree:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back