Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jackpoint jackstands (991)

Set required (preferably by tomorrow :grin:) pm if anyone has any to sell :thumb:

Magic919 said:
Those are just pads and he wants the stands.

Yep I know the Rubber axle pads sit on axle stands. So you get the same thing considerably cheaper.

Thanks chaps but I was after these specifically :thumb:

Thanks To SDJC I've secured a pair off UK e-bay which is a bonus as they are rare as rocking horse pooh. The beauty of these is as with most modern motors there are only the standard jack points available meaning it's difficult to get a standard jack stand in as you would need to jack off the other jacking point to do this, with these the jack fits inside the stand simplifying the procedure greatly, as ever the best ideas are the simple ones...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0flclqcxl0

I still need a set of the low profile pads if anyone knows of any OR a modification to the recessed pads which I have :thumb:

they do look very good and such a clever idea - well done for finding a set in the UK!!

spongebob squarepants said:
I still need a set of the low profile pads if anyone knows of any OR a modification to the recessed pads which I have :thumb:

I have the low profile pads for my 911, but if I am putting the BMW or the Honda up on them I use the recessed pads (yes - I bought both types) with an ice hockey puck on each (eBay for a few quid each) which is a pretty effective universal solution.

Jackpoint jackstands

There is no agent in the UK AFAIK. I have contacted them and they will supply to the UK but the cost of freight, duty and VAT means a pair of stands cost around £330. Some saving can be made on freight for multiple sets. I have not asked about a group buy

tim993 said:
they do look very good and such a clever idea - well done for finding a set in the UK!!

Thanks to Carlton (AlpinaB3) for those puppies :thumb: 330 although expensive isn't too bad for a permanent soloution. Perhaps a group buy is the way forwards?

If there is interest in group buy I can contact Jackpoint and see if they are willing to offer a discount.

I'm guessing that doesn't include the special jack? I've just bought a new jack and I'm afraid £330 for two stands is too rich for me.

But they are a cracking piece of kit :thumb:

New997buyer said:
I'm guessing that doesn't include the special jack? I've just bought a new jack and I'm afraid £330 for two stands is too rich for me.

But they are a cracking piece of kit :thumb:
will work with a standard trolley jack (3.5-5" jacking plate)

spongebob squarepants said:
Perhaps a group buy is the way forwards?

There has been one from 911uk in the past (that was where I got mine). IIRC they did a modest discount and the shipping costs worked out to be quite advantageous, though they still remain a premium priced item. Consequently if the interest is there it ought to be well worth someone doing the legwork to pull a group buy together. They are very robust items and I would certainly recommend them (especially to anyone who wants a stable solution for swapping 600Nm centre locks).

New997buyer said:

Pretty much anything will do, but you need to factor in the height of the jack pad so something low profile is going to be order of the day for a 911. I use a Clarke one that I picked up as an ex-demo for very sensible money (though even new they are fairly reasonable). If your jack isn't low enough then you will have to jack up the first wheel and put a lump of 2x4 under it to create the clearance needed for the jack pad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back