Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 jackstand positioning

spongebob squarepants

I don't have the jackpoint jackstand items and reading that only the factory jacking points should be used on a 991? is there an alternative solution? (For cleaning under the arches)
Will raising on the rear points lift enough to enable stands to be fitted to the front points and visa-versa? Or is there an alternative safe point?

:dont know:

Well I've given up in the end! Without resorting to some Heath Robinson solution as in pic below with the jack stands and relying on being able to crank one end up to fit it under, then finding the jack pads which seem hard to get hold of.

I think the jackpoint jackstands seem the best solution by far, group buy again anyone?

Hi,
Have you seen the RennStand option available from www.safejacks.com?
These appear to do the same job as the JackPoint jackstands but are cheaper, less bulky and height adjustable.
Jacking any modern car and supporting it on conventional axel stands is a real pain, so I am very tempted to go for one of these two options. Has anyone tried either of them?

Bromers said:
Hi,
Have you seen the RennStand option available from www.safejacks.com?
These appear to do the same job as the JackPoint jackstands but are cheaper, less bulky and height adjustable.
Jacking any modern car and supporting it on conventional axel stands is a real pain, so I am very tempted to go for one of these two options. Has anyone tried either of them?

Just doesn't look robust to me, and the fact no one outside the States as taken up distribution would also worry me? I suspect jackpoint are selling as many as they can make and don't want other distributors

The feedback on the Rennstands has examples of the top bar flipping out when jacking causing the car to be dropped. It indicates that this was probably caused by using a Jack with a lifting head that was too small. I agree that the Jackpoint jackstands are the best option. Why is the best normally more expensive :?:
The killer will be the shipping cost. The group buy on here back in 2013 indicated a shipping cost of about $450 for 7 pairs. I will ask them for the shipping cost for just 2 pairs to see if it is viable and if not a group buy would be the only option.

Just FYI, I bought a pair of the JackPoint stands and he charged me $150 for postage to the UK.

CamL said:
Just FYI, I bought a pair of the JackPoint stands and he charged me $150 for postage to the UK.

:welcome:

And that's a lot for postage :eek:

bdsm.gif
springs to mind :sad:

:floor:

HSC911 said:
:welcome:

Thank you very much, thought I would try and make my first post a useful one!

I think the JackPoint stands were about $300 so the $150 on top is pretty substantial but I was struggling to find a straightforward alternative.

The inventor/owner, Jack Walton, did offer to combine my shipment with another chap who had ordered a pair and was about 50 miles away. So he has an eye on the shipment cost. We decided to go our separate ways for convenience though.

They really are substantial bits of kit though and very stable.

If you do order, ignore the out of stock warning and contact him via the web site to let him know what you want. He makes them in batches when there is spare capacity at the local foundry and will email you back when he has some. About a month for me.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back