Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mirror Switch 993 613 241 00

Les Richards

Nurburgring
My mirror switch (switchover l/r and adjustment) appears to be on the way out.

Does anyone know if one from another model can be used in its place?

It seems the switches on some later models have much the same part no. except for the first three digits which seem to reflect the model.

Could it be a VW part?

Bit of a long shot but thought I'd ask.

Thanks.

I bought a replacement a while ago only to find it was worse than the old one. So I cleaned up the terminals stuck the old one back and it's been fine.

Suspecting that the terminals inside might be tarnished as the switch doesn't get that much use I removed it and toyed with the idea of easing back the fixing lugs and opening it up.

But mindful of past experiences of springs and levers and not being able to reassemble, I sprayed copious amount of WD40 into the switch, worked the buttons for a good few minutes and left it over night.

It now seems to be working much better. I have up/down, left/right on both sides which I didn't have before.

I take your point that used parts often aren't any better than those they replace and I don't feel I want to pay OPC prices.

So, for the moment at least I'll say that's a job done (but I may still try and source another one...).

Cheers.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back