Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PSE overhaul query

beejay993

Having just removed the original PSE from my 4s due to corroded seams on the silencer,I now plan on welding up the seams to try and get another good few years out of it. The problem I have is that a few years ago Porsche removed the exhaust due to a chattering sound, which was found to be the PSE flap valves. The cure for this was to weld the valves in place with a tack on the opposite site from the actuator lever. I want to get the exhaust back to operate as it should and intend replacing the actuators etc. The issue I have is that I possibly need to replace the flapper element as I guess the spindles or bushes are worn which was causing the chattering noise. Does anyone know if you can replace the entire flap and housing ? Can you replace the bushes either side of the flap ?
I'm hoping someone else had had similar issues and there is a fix for this problem.

It sounds as if the cost of resurrecting these units could easily be more than the cost of replacing them. They have been welded shut for a few years, they rattled before that. Did they actually work?

I would be looking to see if you could find and fit replacement units, or even just bite the bullet and fit a new top gear alternative.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back