Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New look for midnight blue

NedHan79

What are people's opinions on tinting the orange indicators on the early 996.1 head lights? Just want to freshen up the look a little and if I don't like it, I can always remove the film.

Also been thinking of a new wheel colour. Possibly gold centres and leaving the rim silver. My wheels have been freshly refurbished before I bought the car so I don't want to have to do it again but was thinking about the rubber paint you can buy in an aerosol can. The stuff that just peels off if you don't like it or fancy a change. Obviously the biggest problem with that is the bolts holding the wheels together. I'd have to split the wheels to paint them either way.

As usual, all advice welcome and pictures would be a great help

Attachments

• 0d27adae_60df_421f_a146_ed510565bacc_515.png
    0d27adae_60df_421f_a146_ed510565bacc_515.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 4,091
I saw these LEDs on a 996 in Weymouth and thought it really lifted it, there seem to a few few different styles of them on the market heres a couple. :thumb:

Attachments

• 986631000lra_460.jpg
    986631000lra_460.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 4,055
  • head005_539.jpg
    head005_539.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 4,055
Hi Phil. Wasn't wanting to buy new lights, just give mine a new look. I don't think those led headlights will date well. I'd like a set of face lift lights but don't really want to as I'm sure at some stage I'll be back with the ambers for originality. Tinting would be easily removed back to standard.

NedHan79 said:
Hi Phil. Wasn't wanting to buy new lights, just give mine a new look. I don't think those led headlights will date well. I'd like a set of face lift lights but don't really want to as I'm sure at some stage I'll be back with the ambers for originality. Tinting would be easily removed back to standard.

I hear what your saying mate and theres has been a bit of a resurgence of guys fitting the ambers back on after many going for clear ,I think its all part of the new appreciation for the 996 :thumb: So yes it makes sense to give it a bit of personalising that can be removed at a later date. I am all for doing that :thumb: :thumb:

Yeah seems to be a new appreciation. It's more that I don't want to spend anything :eek:
I'll have plenty of ways to spend cash on it. They are expensive after all

NedHan79 said:
Yeah seems to be a new appreciation. It's more that I don't want to spend anything :eek:
I'll have plenty of ways to spend cash on it. They are expensive after all

I do think you need to budget 2k per annum ave to run a 911 , some will drip the money at it others will get a big bill every couple of years etc . but it will ave out at 2k pa :thumb:

Hopefully mine won't be too bad on the expenses. It'll hardly do any miles as it's just a toy

It's hard to say kas. Your cars a better colour than mine though.

kas750 said:
I still can't decide which I like better on my car!?
Clear all the way Kas!

Nedhan - I would be reticent to spray my newly refurbed wheels with rubber paint - I suspect it will chip off easily, then you will be left with a job to clean them up again.....
I think a tint/smoke on the ambers could look good.....

NedHan79 said:

Ned, midnight blue is a stunning colour when its well cleaned and has lots of wax on , I prefer it to black, heres a pic of my oid midnight 997.1 with a few acid green accents on :grin: :grin:

Attachments

• img_0827_941.jpg
    img_0827_941.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 3,878
  • 28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_189.jpg
    28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_189.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 3,878
Kingb4 said:
kas750 said:
I still can't decide which I like better on my car!?
Clear all the way Kas!

Nedhan - I would be reticent to spray my newly refurbed wheels with rubber paint - I suspect it will chip off easily, then you will be left with a job to clean them up again.....
I think a tint/smoke on the ambers could look good.....

I think the orange looks good on the black car. Brightens it up a little. Dosnt look so nice on mine.
You might be right about the wheels but I think at some stage I'll go for gold. Maybe not too strong a shade but I definitely think it needs a lift. When I get it dropped a little I think it will all add up to a nicer car. Everything will be reverseable though

NedHan79 said:

And I wanted an aerokit car but life is full of compromises :thumb:

kas750 said:
NedHan79 said:

And I wanted an aerokit car but life is full of compromises :thumb:

It is indeed. Just have to go with the best ya can afford. I fell in with the aero kit car by chance but would've liked it a better colour. Nice to have though

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back