Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tiptronic to manual conversion (and vice versa)... advice

Ffmygale

Can anyone give me some advice here please?

I already own a manual 964 c4 cab and have found a 964 c2 tiptronic I'd like to buy. I'm thinking of sitting the two side by side and swapping the manual box with the tip. I appreciate a few people have done the conversion to manual, but has anyone done it like this, a straight swap between two cars?

Is it a straightforward swap? Are the boxes interchangeable or are there other complications? What issues should I be aware of?

Thanks

Someone will be along shortly who knows more than me, but not sure you can just switch the gearbox between a C2 and C4 due to the drivetrain (4wd vs 2wd) you'd probably have to take all the running gear along, and then you'd hit problems.

Not straight forward due to the electronics on the tip and the C4, not worth it imho a lot of hassle, Head over to the 964 section on Rennlist the boys there will give you some good advice.

You are possibly trying the most tricky of all swaps.

C4 Manual into C2 tip to make a C2 = nightmare and will devalue both cars
C4 gearbox to C2 gearbox = not easy / requires custom parts
C2 Tip to C2 manual = not too bad if you find a C2 box

The least worst option would be to put all the C4 stuff into the C2 and make it a C4 but that seems rather longwinded and it remains a C4.

Probably easier to put the coupe roof onto the cab :)

Thanks all. I appreciate your advice and it looks like the sensible thing to do is forget that idea!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back