Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ssk?

blue2

been driving my 1st 997 for half a year now & still loving it. the 1st thing i noticed when i took it for a test run prior to handing over my dosh was the short throw of the gear stick. the seller didnt mention anything about a ssk but i want to know. has anyone got measurements of the throw on a standard carrera 997 so i can compare.

Just pop the cover off and look.

SSK is a relatively easy retro fit, but double check your build sticker on the inside of your service book, it is option code XCZ.

blue2 said:
been driving my 1st 997 for half a year now & still loving it. the 1st thing i noticed when i took it for a test run prior to handing over my dosh was the short throw of the gear stick. the seller didnt mention anything about a ssk but i want to know. has anyone got measurements of the throw on a standard carrera 997 so i can compare.

Taken from Rennlist, I found them to be pretty much bang on: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/681327-porsche-short-shifter-installed-today.html

I took the measurements from the Trip Button to the center line (that goes side to side) on the shift knob. I measured the shifters in 3rd gear and 4 gear. Here are the results:

.......................................................[Stock Shifter..... Short Shifter
3rd Gear distance from Trip Button........ 4.125 inches........4.750 inches
4th Gear distance from Trip Button........ 9.000 inches........8.250 inches
Total "throw" distance from 3rd to 4th... 4.875 inches........3.500 inches

Total reduction in "throw" is 1.375 inches, which is a 28.2% reduction.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back