Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Good value?

Not exceptional value imo. Priced right given mileage.

I'd be looking to pay 2 or 3 grand more, for ~60k miles.

Get in there and see what deal you can get....nearly xmas market slow at the moment,and if its only a weekend car the mileage won't be going up loads :thumbs:

Impossible to selll on. High twenties a more realistic price :thumb:

Thanks, I might give it a miss based on the feedback!

They will not move on the price - I'll look elsewhere!

GMG said:
...4 services in 87k miles!

How many services do you expect at 20,000m service intervals?
Personally I change oil at every 6,000 miles but if you stick to Porsches maintainance schedule it is 3 plus initial one.

That car demonstrates the impact of mileage on Porsche prices. If it was identical but with, say, 35k miles the price would be £40k ish I'd expect, maybe more.
I would only buy a 87k miler if I intended to keep it forever.
Of course, if you buy a very low mileage car you daren't drive it otherwise it becomes high mileage and much less valuable; that's the dilemma.

Counter Of Beans said:
That car demonstrates the impact of mileage on Porsche prices.

Same for any premium sports car manufacturer

alex yates said:
Counter Of Beans said:
That car demonstrates the impact of mileage on Porsche prices.

Same for any premium sports car manufacturer

Some people on here, very obviously don't think Porsche are a premium sports car manufacturer, I have to ask, why own one then? :dont know:

spongebob squarepants said:
Impossible to selll on. High twenties a more realistic price :thumb:

Sorry Spongebob but that is nonsense. I am guessing you made the comment based on the mileage? It will still be very sellable but will clearly have an impact on the price.

You struggle to find a gen 2 with pdk under £30k. Even private sales.

I do think as a gen2 4S with fair spec and from a decent dealer it's quite well as a 10yr old car with the silly Porsche 7k miles pa applied as an ave mile car it would be on 70k so its only 16k over ave. to a low miles weekend only owner that would be ave in 2 yrs time and worth 40k at todays prices. So my feelings are if its going to a low usage owner they are very unlikely to lose money on it in the next few years so it would represent a pretty decent buy. and also even if it went bang at that price you could spend 10k on a Harlech rebuild and it would suddenly be worth early 40k so you still wouldn't lose hardly any money . so I struggle to see how its not a decent buy for someone. :thumb: :thumb:

It apparently has 8 owners which isn't great.

In the last 2-3 weeks when I contact them they keep telling me the car isn't drivable, then it is drivable, then not - it seems to keep going into their workshop for repairs...despite them saying they have done a thorough PPI on it.

I know it needed a high pressure fuel pump a couple of weeks ago , they sorted and then said I could come and drive it...but now they are saying all coolant hoses all need changing ???

Number of owners, plus mileage, plus it's frequent visit to their workshop has put me off - will buy once and by well !!!

BigLion said:
It apparently has 8 owners which isn't great.

In the last 2-3 weeks when I contact them they keep telling me the car isn't drivable, then it is drivable, then not - it seems to keep going into their workshop for repairs...despite them saying they have done a thorough PPI on it.

I know it needed a high pressure fuel pump a couple of weeks ago , they sorted and then said I could come and drive it...but now they are saying all coolant hoses all need changing ???

Number of owners, plus mileage, plus it's frequent visit to their workshop has put me off - will buy once and by well !!!

I agree 8 owners on a 10 yr old car does seem like people weren't happy with it 5 would be what you would expect assuming the OPC pre registered it to hit their targets for kick back, then 1st owner 3 yrs and another 3 in the next 7 years wouldn't seem extreme but 8 mmmm . coolant hoses and high pressure pump on a 10yr old car with high miles also is no great surprise but as you say put it all together and its enough to make anyone think twice I guess . :thumb: :thumb: as you rightly say plenty of nice ones out there and unless your budget is up to 35k and it must be a gen2 4S no need to bother with it. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back