Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S Side Skirt removal query?

Kiwi

Just wondering if somebody knows how easy is it to remove the side skirts on a C4S. I've just noticed that the rear underside has sustained some minor damage (cracked) and needs to be repaired. I can but guess that a garage at some point has jacked it to far back on the skirt instead of the jacking point. It looks like a pretty simple fix but would be easier done off the car... are they screwed and taped on? or just screwed? Cheers

5 screws along the underside. 2 on the lower rear wheel arch liner. 1 or 2 on the front wheel arch liner. When you have them unscrewed, rotate them down and out to undo the plastic locators the go into the body sill. I reapaired the cracks on mine on the inside with polyurethane sealant. They were cracked around the recess for the jack point.

Resprayed them with an aerosol in satin black and they look as good as new. If you are taking them off, you may find you need to replace the clips and screws and the rubber grommets. Search my posts and you'll find part numbers

When the dolls are off, clean down the sill, then Buy a can of Dynax from bilt hamber - it comes with the spray lance. Spray the inside of the sill and every bit of metal on the outside you see while the sill is off.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back