Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

If you''re not feeling blue go yellow...

Kiwi

Nurburgring
Okay, so perhaps not everyone's cup of tea but my mum who's in her 70's loved the colour of her old yellow 986. She had that car for 6 years or so before getting rid of it about 3 years ago. Recently we found her a great condition low mileage dark blue 987 with fsh which despite being a fantastic car she couldn't get her head around the colour... Given this was such a great car and the likely impossiblity of finding another similar but in yellow in our market... well anyway fast forward 4 weeks and problem solved with a current generation Porsche yellow make over.

Attachments

• db3a52a8_99c0_464f_88f5_07cf8f4bd330_885.jpeg
    db3a52a8_99c0_464f_88f5_07cf8f4bd330_885.jpeg
    782.3 KB · Views: 4,689
Kiwi said:
Okay, so perhaps not everyone's cup of tea but my mum who's in her 70's loved the colour of her old yellow 986. She had that car for 6 years or so before getting rid of it about 3 years ago. Recently we found her a great condition low mileage dark blue 987 with fsh which despite being a fantastic car she couldn't get her head around the colour... Given this was such a great car and the likely impossiblity of finding another similar but in yellow in our market... well anyway fast forward 4 weeks and problem solved with a current generation Porsche yellow make over.

*Other Porsche colours are available but are not as desirable as a yellow Porsche :thumb: :worship: :worship: :worship:
The yellow club is very exclusive

spongebob squarepants said:
*Other Porsche colours are available but are not as desirable as a yellow Porsche :thumb: :worship: :worship: :worship:
The yellow club is very exclusive

Yep... Totally agree 👍😁

Attachments

• d6f19cbf_3ec9_4257_8da4_4f6c9eeb39b9_145.jpeg
    d6f19cbf_3ec9_4257_8da4_4f6c9eeb39b9_145.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 4,665
It's a yes from me, anyways dark coloured cars are the work of the dirty car antichrist!

Bloody marvellous :thumbs: respect to your mum for great taste :bow:

Let's start turning them all yellow one wrap/respray at a time :thumb:

Is it a wrap or actually painted? Looks great either way - personally I love yellow on a porsche.

Stoo.c said:
Is it a wrap or actually painted? Looks great either way - personally I love yellow on a porsche.

It's a full respray, the entire car was stripped, including doors, boot, bonnet, guards, including all applicable linings, etc. totally removed. Every nook and cranny painted. You'd need to look incredibly hard to see any sign of the old colour anywhere. They did a fantastic job. I think all up the labour charge was around 50-60 hours most of which was the strip down and rebuild.

very nice , love Porsches in yellow :thumb: :thumb:

OK, I'll go against the grain and say that I would never, ever have a car of any brand in yellow; it's just too, err, bold for my taste.

But [cliche alert] life would be very dull if we all liked the same thing, so well played on getting the car how you, or your mother, likes it. Vive la difference, as they say in Dusseldorf.

Marky911 said:
Brilliant! Kudos to your mum. :thumb:
Car looks ace. 8)

+1

I love yellow.

Well done to you and your mother. 8) Hope I'll still be driving a Porsche when I'm in my 70s.

Good health to you all!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back