Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
992 : 2019- 0
991 : 2011- 27
997 : 2004- 63
996 : 1997-2005 32
993 : 1993-1998 3
964 : 1989-1993 0
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 1
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 3
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 1
Early 911 : 1964-1977 2
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 29
Cayman : 2005- 22
Cayenne : 2003- 6
Macan : 2014- 7
Panamera : 2009- 0
912-914-924-928-944-968 0
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [992] 2018-Current
Porsche 911 [992]
911 [991] 2011-2019
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-2012
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

patpending
Österreich

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB79 wrote:
patpending wrote:
RB79 wrote:
patpending wrote:
JC they washed your car by mistake.

Get over it as worse things in life can happen and the guys at the garage are probably laughing at you for involving Porsche UK/going off the deep end about a car wash vs forgetting to bolt a wheel on.

(For the 10th time), it wasn’t by mistake (!), you are entitled to your opinion

What was it then?

Service advisor knew I didn’t want it washed. Valeter came to confirm with him along the lines of - ‘just confirming not to wash that car with the ‘Do not wash’ sign in it as it’s a bit dusty’? Service advisor - yes wash it (or hose it as he claims which I know isn’t true). That has been admitted, he didn’t forget or give me a quick call to check (but rang three other times to authorise additional work etc), for whatever reason he decided ‘f##k it’
An unintentional error is a ‘mistake’ to me (usually followed by an apology).

Honestly dude time to let it go and move on.

MisterCorn
Dijon

2004 Porsche 996 Turbo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it has damagaed the finish on his car I can see why he is miffed. He did what he could to avoid the situation and it was ignored.

MC

patpending
Österreich

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MisterCorn wrote:
If it has damagaed the finish on his car I can see why he is miffed. He did what he could to avoid the situation and it was ignored.

MC

Agreed but the initial post says nothing about damage. Just reading pages about someone with the hump about getting a car washed by mistake then going totally OTT about it. nooo

RB79
Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patpending wrote:
MisterCorn wrote:

MC

Agreed but the initial post says nothing about damage just reading pages about someone with the hump about getting a car washed by mistake then going totally OTT about it. nooo

You obviously haven’t read the explanation of why it wasn’t a ‘mistake’ and there is damage to the paintwork. Not that it matters but some paint obsessives like me have agreed with me but everyone entitled to differing opinion of course.
Original post also edited, agree this perhaps wasn’t clear to start with.

HSC911
Dijon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main issue here is not about the paint/water, it's about asking someone not to do something and them doing it anyway, then lying about it to make matters worse nooo

Let us know what happens RB

Thumb

RB79
Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HSC911 wrote:
The main issue here is not about the paint/water, it's about asking someone not to do something and them doing it anyway, then lying about it to make matters worse nooo

Thumb

That’s exactly what my ‘issue’ is, we all make mistakes but this was so deliberate and the worst thing you can do when you’ve messed up is lie about it. Thanks HSC, I’ll let you know what DP says.

GMG
Nürburgring

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...three pages of threads offering sympathy and support for an OP complaining about a Porsche dealer washing his 991 after a £3000 service !

I think that you have completely lost the plot and we have entered the forum parallel universe again...

Unbelievable; incredulous, I mentioned it to my wife who asked me if the car was made of paper?!

patpending
Österreich

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB79 wrote:
patpending wrote:
MisterCorn wrote:

MC

Agreed but the initial post says nothing about damage just reading pages about someone with the hump about getting a car washed by mistake then going totally OTT about it. nooo

You obviously haven’t read the explanation of why it wasn’t a ‘mistake’ and there is damage to the paintwork. Not that it matters but some paint obsessives like me have agreed with me but everyone entitled to differing opinion of course.

Funny how “damage” is now being referred to/introduced now and yet a paint obsessed OP forgot to mention it in the 1st post.

Not going to read anymore of this.

nooo

RB79
Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMG wrote:
...three pages of threads offering sympathy and support for an OP complaining about a Porsche dealer washing his 991 after a £3000 service !

I think that you have completely lost the plot and we have entered the forum parallel universe again...

Unbelievable; incredulous, I mentioned it to my wife who asked me if the car was made of paper?!

I am pleased to hear your good lady’s thoughts as well Smile. Being such an oddball I obviously don’t have any friends to chat to about this so I thank you for visiting my parallel universe. No one is making you read or comment but of course feel free to continue

RB79
Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patpending wrote:
RB79 wrote:
patpending wrote:
MisterCorn wrote:

MC

Funny how “damage” is now being referred to/introduced now and yet a paint obsessed OP forgot to mention it in the 1st post.

Not going to read anymore of this.

nooo

The damage has been referred to in the post several times. As others have said, the main issue is how it all happened. Just gauging opinions, quite impressed it has managed to get so many. Obviously, as you are not reading this anymore, you won’t see this post Smile

The return of Marty Wild
Kyalami

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Mentioned it to the wife” and she didn’t get it, no ***** Sherlock, but I bet she’s all over titanium wheel bolts yeah?! Great point of reference there!

OP, don’t sweat the negative comments. Some people could care less about the paint and will be chopping their car in as soon as the fancy takes them or whatever. The point is you have put time and money into getting the paint perfect, then the OPC dropped a bollock, pursue it if you want.

Some people not understanding the fact it’s not how the cr4p gets on to the car i.e. being driven in the rain. It’s how the cr4p is taken off that matters. From an OCD detailing perspective, even jet sprays are frowned upon, for the record.

Boxster S 986.1
Cayman S 987.1 (gone but not forgotten)

RB79
Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The return of Marty Wild wrote:
“Mentioned it to the wife” and she didn’t get it, no ***** Sherlock, but I bet she’s all over titanium wheel bolts yeah?! Great point of reference there!

OP, don’t sweat the negative comments. Some people could care less about the paint and will be chopping their car in as soon as the fancy takes them or whatever. The point is you have put time and money into getting the paint perfect, then the OPC dropped a bollock, pursue it if you want.

Some people not understanding the fact it’s not how the cr4p gets on to the car i.e. being driven in the rain. It’s how the cr4p is taken off that matters. From an OCD detailing perspective, even jet sprays are frowned upon, for the record.

Brilliant - love the wheel nut comment. Thanks mate, I’ve got thick skin but appreciate it.

M&MD&D
Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just had my car detailed and protected, when you see how the professionals make cars shine like glass it is easy to understand why people get so passionate about it. If you want to see examples of how much blood, sweat and tears people put into this then have a look at detailingworld.co.uk

For some people, they see little value in this and have aired their opinions -- fair enough, you are entitled to it. However the point here is that RB79 made it clear what he wanted them to NOT do and they ignored his repeated requests. OPC should be able to follow simple instructions and it is not at all unreasonable for RB79 to be upset.

I spent quite a few pennies on this and therefore totally understand why RB79 is pissed off.

If I were in that situation then Itoo would be expecting OPC to make this right.

Good luck RB79 !!

Counter Of Beans
Montreal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HSC911 wrote:

Thumb

This is a perfect summary of the issue. If you're paying an OPC lots of money and giving them clear instructions, it's unacceptable for said instructions to be ignored. The OP might be a paint geek (meant in the right way!) but he's reasonable enough, and a "sorry Sir, we messed up, it won't happen again, what can we to to keep your valuable custom?" would probably mean this post wouldn't exist. It's partly why I avoid franchised main dealers wherever possible.

Marky911
Sepang

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragpicker wrote:
@marky911 - saw your car at our favourite car 'spa and retreat' today. Gotta say, its looking good pal Thumb

In fact, maybe the OP should take his car there - its got frigging no chance of ever getting washed!! Floor

Many thanks Raggy! Thumb
It won't win Pebble beach concours but it's better than most 996s now. It still doesn't excite me as much as some previous pork so time will tell if I keep it.
It's with me for at least another year or so though.
And yep our good guy, expert mechanic is as busy as usual. Very Happy

RB - Just ignore GMG, most people have learnt to. He only posts if he's posting negativity.

RB79
Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counter Of Beans wrote:
HSC911 wrote:

Thumb

This is a perfect summary of the issue. If you're paying an OPC lots of money and giving them clear instructions, it's unacceptable for said instructions to be ignored. The OP might be a paint geek (meant in the right way!) but he's reasonable enough, and a "sorry Sir, we messed up, it won't happen again, what can we to to keep your valuable custom?" would probably mean this post wouldn't exist. It's partly why I avoid franchised main dealers wherever possible.

100% spot on

RB79
Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M&MD&D wrote:
I've just had my car detailed and protected, when you see how the professionals make cars shine like glass it is easy to understand why people get so passionate about it. If you want to see examples of how much blood, sweat and tears people put into this then have a look at detailingworld.co.uk

For some people, they see little value in this and have aired their opinions -- fair enough, you are entitled to it. However the point here is that RB79 made it clear what he wanted them to NOT do and they ignored his repeated requests. OPC should be able to follow simple instructions and it is not at all unreasonable for RB79 to be upset.

I spent quite a few pennies on this and therefore totally understand why RB79 is pissed off.

If I were in that situation then Itoo would be expecting OPC to make this right.

Good luck RB79 !!

Thank you. Hope you car is looking lovely. I am a paint geek and proud.

RB79
Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marky911 wrote:
ragpicker wrote:
@marky911 - saw your car at our favourite car 'spa and retreat' today. Gotta say, its looking good pal Thumb

In fact, maybe the OP should take his car there - its got frigging no chance of ever getting washed!! Floor

Many thanks Raggy! Thumb
It won't win Pebble beach concours but it's better than most 996s now. It still doesn't excite me as much as some previous pork so time will tell if I keep it.
It's with me for at least another year or so though.
And yep our good guy, expert mechanic is as busy as usual. Very Happy

RB - Just ignore GMG, most people have learnt to. He only posts if he's posting negativity.

Ha - thanks. At least GMG discusses his negativity with family members to get their support, Razz

The return of Marty Wild
Kyalami

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go easy on him, his wife remark made me chuckle somewhat Smile

Boxster S 986.1
Cayman S 987.1 (gone but not forgotten)

RB79
Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So an update, the aftersales manager rang me today and spent 10 minutes chatting. In summary:
1. Acknowledgement of the mistake and a sincere apology (or so it felt)
2. They have interviewed everyone involved, acknowledged my instructions were clear and apparently the error fell on a valeter who was stopped mid wash and service advisor informed of the error at the time.
3. Accept service advisor should have rung me / apologised when I came to
collect it which was the main error
4. Apology service manager should have spoken to me on the day as requested
5. Invited me to take the car to their body shop so I can discuss the ‘damage’ and they are happy to discuss a plan to rectify it to my satisfaction.

I will absolutely take my hat off to them - fairplay.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: