Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 bulkhead drain rubber

s70rjw

Can anyone enlighten me as to the part number for the rubber surround of the drain hole in the battery compartment please. My search has failed miserably.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Can't help with the part number but I'd remove both of them if I were you.
They just bung up with crap and then allow water to build up.

:agree:

I had a look for the part number .. buggered if i can find it .

You are far better off without the bungs .. they are there to stop rodent access .. and they dont stop that anyways .

I checked my car after reading this thread and it would seem that there are four holes in the front cross panel; two either side of the battery (I believe there is one under the battery also?).

Two of mine are missing the rubber grommet (although my research seems to indicate that the two inner drainage holes, closest to the battery, have no grommet on a lot of cars- maybe this should be the case. Who knows what Porsche intended!) so I had a look at the PET diagrams listed by Porsche and on Type 911 (500 odd pages!) but no luck. The part is illustrated but no part number, which was odd.

There's a round blanking plug illustrated on the same page which, when I put the part number in google, lead me to a German site with the correct tapered plug. But that company won't ship to the UK (my German is limited but I think I was correct in that assumption!).

I then checked Auto Atalanta (their stock list is very good- I know this from owning my old 993) for the same part number where I was informed that the part number had changed. So I typed that into google and found the tapered grommet thingy on Rose Passion. Yay! Helpfully listed as simply 'grommet'. Yes I am sad

https://www.rosepassion.com/en/cat/...ont-section-single-parts/I4413/grommet/P70831 :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back