Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Condensor Replacement

Chaps, what's the general opinion on condensers?, looking to replace mine which looks marginal so I'm replacing whist access is good, wing removed.

So there seems to be a Hella item on eBay for decent money, is this the one to go for?, there's NRF also, what's opinions out there?.

Thanks
Trev

There have been problems with some condensers being slightly too big for the frame. I think they were Hella ones.
I would give Jim @ Chill Out, Leyland a call, 01772 603000. He is a good mate and a fellow 993 owner. He helped me replace the evaporator on mine but will probably swear if you mention it.
I replaced the condenser myself and had the frame etc. powder coated. I'm pretty sure it was a Hella one and it was ok. The rubber mounts were shot and the old condenser just fell apart although it wasn't leaking.

Attachments

• ac_rad_140.jpg
    ac_rad_140.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 2,421
That's a nice job right there, I've just wire brushed and used smooth hammerite on mine. So the Hella ones you think are good to go?, they seem a reasonable price on the bay sooo.

Trev

I fitted an nrf and was a perfect fit. Think it was hella that was slightly oversize so i went for nrf which definitely fits and cost about £100.

Go for NRF as it defiantly fits. Bought a Hella one 2 years ago and it was more of a forced fit because they are slightly too long. It still did the job but not worth the hassle when the NRF are cheaper anyway.

Sod it, got a decent discount from OPC so gone for OEM.

Also needed new pipes so ordered too, some seals come with pipes, others I've had to order.

During assembly does anyone know what lube I should use on those seals?.

Cheers

Trev

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back