Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 good price my old car

It is always intriguing when your old car pops up for sale, not least the price compared to when you owned it.
The ad does That Odd Thing Where They Capitalise Each Word For No Good Reason, but hey. Also they can't spell "facilities"; these errors of grammar would put me off what looks like a very good car. You might think "COB you are one sad individual" and you'd probably be correct.

I ALSO FIND IT ANNOYING WHEN CAR ADVERTS ARE ALL DONE IN CAPS. IT MAKES IT MORE DIFFICULT TO READ MAKING ME LESS INCLINED TO INVESTIGATE FURTHER :dont know:

Rhodris-dad said:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201812042974993

If anyone is interested in this car, I can give a low down on it's history for the last 4 and a half years.....feel free to PM me. :thumb:

71k did you do some round the world trips :grin: :eek:

spongebob squarepants said:
Rhodris-dad said:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201812042974993

If anyone is interested in this car, I can give a low down on it's history for the last 4 and a half years.....feel free to PM me. :thumb:

71k did you do some round the world trips :grin: :eek:

:floor: bought it with 48k on the clock.....i'm a spec over mileage buyer.

I hate "Massive HUGE Spec" or "Every Option"

ohhhh every option, so what it has 5 or 6 sets of wheels does it........

Still keep coming back to this car, wish I'd seen this before the auction though lol, advert is saying Porsche warranty till April 2019 but I thought it was meant to be removed when being traded through the system?

I thought Dove House's 85k car was a bit rich at 33/34 though.

Bund said:
Still keep coming back to this car, wish I'd seen this before the auction though lol, advert is saying Porsche warranty till April 2019 but I thought it was meant to be removed when being traded through the system?

Officially the Porsche Warranty became void as soon as the car left private ownership and didn't go back into the OPC network.

If a subsequent owner attempts to make a claim they might find themselves on a sticky wicket.

I'd certainly want something in writing from the supplying dealer to confirm the level of warranty coverage.

T8 said:
Bund said:

Officially the Porsche Warranty became void as soon as the car left private ownership and didn't go back into the OPC network.

If a subsequent owner attempts to make a claim they might find themselves on a sticky wicket.

I'd certainly want something in writing from the supplying dealer to confirm the level of warranty coverage.

Guess new buyer could ring Porsche uk prior to handing over money and say that looking to buy etc and I'm being told it has Porsche warranty till xyz, can you confirm?

Bund said:
Guess new buyer could ring Porsche uk prior to handing over money and say that looking to buy etc and I'm being told it has Porsche warranty till xyz, can you confirm?

It's not a case of whether a warranty was taken out on the car. 'Rhodris Dad' has already said that it was. It's whether it's transferable.

If the potential buyer rang Porsche GB they'd be asked whether they are buying the car privately or from a dealer. If the reply was 'from a dealer' they'd simply answer that the warranty is now void.

T8 said:
Bund said:

It's not a case of whether a warranty was taken out on the car. 'Rhodris Dad' has already said that it was. It's whether it's transferable.

If the potential buyer rang Porsche GB they'd be asked whether they are buying the car privately or from a dealer. If the reply was 'from a dealer' they'd simply answer that the warranty is now void.

Thanks T8 but I'm not questioning if the warranty was put on the car, we know it was, I was trying to suggest a way to confirm nothing has changed with porsche's policy on warranties come selling on, the Essex garage seem to believe it still has a porsche warranty, perhaps just from a booklet inside the car and they don't know that it's now voided.

Bund said:
T8 said:
Bund said:

Thanks T8 but I'm not questioning if the warranty was put on the car, we know it was, I was trying to suggest a way to confirm nothing has changed with Porsche's policy on warranties come selling on, the Essex garage seem to believe it still has a Porsche warranty, perhaps just from a booklet inside the car and they don't know that it's now voided.

I was the one who said it had a Porsche warranty till April (as I still thought it was transferable)....but I am sure the garage are quoting an AA warranty.

I am sure the car would be more expensive if it was on an OPC forecourt with their warranty.

The only thing that needed doing for the 111 point check in April 2018 was to change the Bosch front wiper blades to Porsche ones.

Rhodris-dad said:
I was the one who said it had a Porsche warranty till April (as I still thought it was transferable)....but I am sure the garage are quoting an AA warranty.

Within the first line of the description in the advert they say that the car has extended Porsche Warranty until April 2019.

Whether they realise that this isn't actually valid and that they (or their own warranty provider) would still be liable for any component failure is another matter.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back