Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sports Exhaust upgrade

I would have a look at the TopGear one. They have great reputation for quality and are a site sponsor so you may get discount.

Many people on here are very pleased with theirs.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=130642

plus 1 for looking at topgear , they might be a couple of hundred pounds more than the ebay one, but its tried and tested by many on here and they offer 10% discount to forum members , topgear exhausts come with a lifetime you own the car warranty and an early 2018 group buy saw 100 members purchase exhaust items from topgear . So IMO well worth paying the little bit extra otherwise the unknown ebay exhaust may end up as bad as the Dansk exhaust many have removed off their cars.

https://www.topgear.co.uk/porsche-911-997-1-carrera-valved-cat-back?search=porsche&page=2

If you need any more info Alex the MD of Topgear is a member on here drop him a PM :thumb: :thumb:

extra fittings required

apparently I'll £115 worth of clamps and nuts and bolts to complete the install:-

4 bolts
10 nuts
2 double clamp
2 single clamp

my 997 is a 2007 so they are bound to be a bit rusty, i'll try to find out what's included in the Topgear offer. So still £250 less

Personally, if I didn't have PSE I would be trying the Gundo hack first, before replacing the whole exhaust.

I have my PSE turned on all the time, IMHO it is not 'wake the neighbours' loud.

Revert to standard

My thinking is I can keep the original units in case I ever want to get it back to original.

They look very similar to the TopGear valvetronics I fitted a few years ago, although the finish doesn't look quite as neat!

Worth keeping an eye out on TopGear's eBay shop, I got mine for a £600 with a 'best offer' punt :D

Robert SausageTrousers said:
It may also end up being as good as if not better than the Topgear one at £360 cheaper?

Well thats the chance you take, personally I would go with the set up thats had lots of positive reviews on here and comes with a lifetime you own the car warranty other than some unknown brand, but then I might be biased having just had to spend 14k rebuilding an engine that injested the debris from the 200 cell cats of a nasty cheap made in the Far East exhaust that the previous owner put on the car. But its Tony's call at the end of the day :thumb: :thumb:

wise words Phil 997, Topgear are out of stock at the moment, I'll keep an eye out for offers as suggested, the wife was up for £700 but a grand.... diamond ring territory!

Gundo hack really isn't that loud, just changes the tone to a more bassy note. So much cheaper too. I did mine after considering laying down over a grand on a system, but then thought at £300 for the gundo that is basically the same as PSE was worth a shot. I'm impressed with it so far, very drivable mod and not anti-social.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back