Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 gt2rs intercooler part number question

the rainge

Hi all, I'm looking into getting a pair of gt2 Rs intercoolers for my car.
The question I have is about the part numbers, the first part numbers where 997.110.639.70 and 997.110.640.70 for left and right, but where superceded with 997.110.639.71 and 997.110.640.71. Does anyone know if they just changed the part numbers for some reason or whether the early part number items are different intercoolers to the later ones or if they are the exact same parts.
Thanks in advance

The 997.2 GT2RS has exactly Reg same intercooler as the 997.2 turbo and 997.2 turbo S.
Hope that helps

Actually there needs to be a little clarification here.

The do88 ones mentioned in the link are very similar in terms of performance and have the benefit of solid end tanks which can be an issue with gt2rs intercoolers above a certain power level. We tend to take the do88 ones over the gt2rs especially since price point is the same.

The following ones from do88 are the ones that outperform significantly over the gt2rs and do88 straight replacements.

http://www.nineexcellence.com/upgrades/intakeintercoolers/icm-230-1.html from do88.

Obviously the price is different but the performance difference is huge - significant.

This applies also to 997.2, 991.1 and 991.2 which we have fitted these too (different part numbers clearly for those variants).

Cheers Ken, I should have checked the link... I assumed New997buyer was referring to the DO88 Full Big Pack.

996ttalot said:

The do88 ones mentioned in the link are very similar in terms of performance and have the benefit of solid end tanks which can be an issue with gt2rs intercoolers above a certain power level. We tend to take the do88 ones over the gt2rs especially since price point is the same.

The following ones from do88 are the ones that outperform significantly over the gt2rs and do88 straight replacements.

http://www.nineexcellence.com/upgrades/intakeintercoolers/icm-230-1.html from do88.

Obviously the price is different but the performance difference is huge - significant.

This applies also to 997.2, 991.1 and 991.2 which we have fitted these too (different part numbers clearly for those variants).

Thanks for the clarification Ken.
New997buyer said:
An increasingly popular upgrade is now the DO88 range:

http://www.do88.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=8910

This is the first choice now for many of the tuning fraternity and what I'll be going for personally over the OEM units :thumb:

Something you've confirmed. As well as a range of options being available.

Out of curiosity, in what circumstances are the higher price units needed or justified? I ask as I hope to be in the market for intercoolers soon and some insight would be helpful. Thanks :thumbs:

apollokre1d said:
Cheers Ken, I should have checked the link... I assumed New997buyer was referring to the DO88 Full Big Pack.

Sorry dude, being Scottish I was referring to the cheapest in the range :D

New997buyer said:
996ttalot said:

Thanks for the clarification Ken.
New997buyer said:
An increasingly popular upgrade is now the DO88 range:

http://www.do88.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=8910

This is the first choice now for many of the tuning fraternity and what I'll be going for personally over the OEM units :thumb:

Something you've confirmed. As well as a range of options being available.

Out of curiosity, in what circumstances are the higher price units needed or justified? I ask as I hope to be in the market for intercoolers soon and some insight would be helpful. Thanks :thumbs:

Re circumstances I would say anything with true 600whp plus is beneficial to go to the larger coolers - clearly it depends on your usage as well as if you are not going over a certain speed then the base do88 would be fine.

That's very helpful Ken. So would the less expensive DO88 GT2RS substitutes be more beneficial than OEM GT2RS on things Alpine passes or the odd high speed run on a detestricted stretch of autobahn? :?:

New997buyer said:
That's very helpful Ken. So would the less expensive DO88 GT2RS substitutes be more beneficial than OEM GT2RS on things Alpine passes or the odd high speed run on a detestricted stretch of autobahn? :?:
yes but if you can go for the larger ones all the better. I cannot stress how much better the larger ones are - yes they are more than double the price but the delta is substantial -
Currently working on a project at the moment - the picture below shows 991 intercoolers ( note plastic end tanks ) then 991gt2rs ( note proper end tanks ) and the do88 larger intercooler - it is not just the size in this case but efficiency, flow etc. The 991 with plastic end tanks is very similar to 997gt2rs intercoolers.

Attachments

• ebbc6d76_e339_4496_b015_fde8671838f4_164.jpeg
    ebbc6d76_e339_4496_b015_fde8671838f4_164.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 5,717
the rainge said:
Hi all, I'm looking into getting a pair of gt2 Rs intercoolers for my car.
The question I have is about the part numbers, the first part numbers where 997.110.639.70 and 997.110.640.70 for left and right, but where superceded with 997.110.639.71 and 997.110.640.71. Does anyone know if they just changed the part numbers for some reason or whether the early part number items are different intercoolers to the later ones or if they are the exact same parts.
Thanks in advance

997 GT2RS
99711063971 - left side
99711064071 - right side

991.2 GT2RS
99111063980 - left side
99111064080 - right side

Best
Darek

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads