Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Front bumper fitting to a C2

sackerley

Hi all,

I'm looking at fitting a GT3 front bumper and side skirts to my C2. I'm fine with the side skirts but before ordering I wanted to check if the front bumper requires any other fixings, brackets etc?

Have any others here done this before?

I'll be fixing a mesh behind the bumper to stop leaves and general rubbish getting to the rads.

It's all identical Sack-Meister. :thumb:

You may need to drill out rusted screws and replace them but all fixings are the same from aero to std. The Aero bumper is just deeper around the front.

Brilliant, thank you :thumb:

The prices seem a little all over the place. One will turn up I'm sure....!

I saw a shocker on eBay, cracked, covered in gaffer tape, total mess yet still wanting £750! Crazy.

Thanks for the heads up on that one Armagreggon85 - it still works out quite steep when you add the £150 postage.

Dammit - Not sure from OPC - I'm waiting for them to get back to me.

Cheapest I've seen so far is £1300 from Design 911 - original GT3 part. Most are kicking around the £1500 mark.

Are you thinking about it for your Cab?

No, sorry - should be clear, sometimes these things are surprisingly cheap from OPC.

I've always found OPC to be cheaper than D911, for e.g.

Just had the cost back from OPC:

GT3 bumper - £1247 +VAT

It also required the black trim to sit behind - £117.98 + VAT

So circa £1638 inc VAT - A fair chunk for just the bumper before painting

Yeah it's still a fair whack. I'm on the hunt for a rear wing but they're expensive too. Over the last couple of years I've picked up the front bumper and skirts at reasonable prices but it's a bit of a slow waiting game for the parts to pop up.

My tactic has been to regularly check on gumtree, that's actually where I found my front bumper.

Is the only difference between the aero bumper and gt3 the section under the number plate? Solid on the aero but open on the gt3. If so, would an aero bumper and and cut the back of the centre section out not be a cheaper option?
I only ask as I have an aero and would consider cutting it for the full gt3 look. Should mention mines an early car

That section is open in order to feed an additional radiator, if you don't have one I'd not bother. If you fit one, remove the centre blanking bit of the bumper.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back