Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear windscreen rust! Bodyshop reccommendations nr Yorkshire

waiteu2

Hi all.
Fettling the car over the weekend and noticed a few bubbles of rust near the window seal.Removed the seal to see rust formed in both lower left and right corners.Doesnt look to serious as no perforated metal but cant tell properly until the glass is out.
Ive emailed Strasse in Leeds who did the last service so will see what they come back with but in the meantime anybody reccommend a good bodyshop with experience of the issue?
I dont mind travelling for the right guys to do the job.Its my pride and joy so want it done right.

Cheers,Craig

Ninemeister at Warrington did some bodywork on mine, not the screen surrounds though, which were ok. Top class work but pricey.
http://www.revolution-porsche.co.uk/buyers-guides/buying-a-porsche-993
seem to know what they are doing, no personal experience.
Sometimes it seems to be the refitting of the screen which causes problems (creaking and squeaking).
I had glass out full back to metal respray, no problems.

Performance-Porsche at Brighouse know how these and older cars come apart given their development of the Klassiker back-date developments.

They have onsite body shop and know what's involved. Give Andy or Tony a call and mention me. They can give you a price to compare and as you might be local worth a visit :thumb:

Thanks for the replies above.Appreciate your time.
Ive contacted Road and Race in Bolton and also spoke to Tony at performance Porsche.(Thanks Zingari :thumb: ).
Im running it up to Tony on Thursday so he can take a look and i'm going to let Strasse have a look too as not a million miles away to see what they both say.
Feel better knowing that at least it can be sorted locally.All seemed to know their stuff and ive had good service work carried out by Strasse before so alls good hopefully.
Will report back and document any work with a bit of luck.

Thanks again everyone.

Craig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back