Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newby - Afternoon All

Sandy-S

After months of looking at mostly shabby offerings that were far from as described I was happy to find and leave a deposit on a '95 993 from 911Virgin which by their own definition was not perfect was far far better (and no more expensive) than anything else I viewed both privately and dealer offered

Looking forward to getting stuck into the Aircooled world - After all, I promised the Mrs another Aircooled after we sold her '74 Bug 2 year back :mrgreen: Not quite sure she realised at the time where I was going with that :thumb:

Hello Sandy, glad you found one to go for, buying from 911virgin should give you peace of mind.
As you probably know, these cars need a bit of TLC. The good thing is they are extremely well built, over engineered, and quite straightforward to work on.
Good luck with your new car, if there's anything you need to know, or not sure of, You'll find it on this forum.

Jack D

Welcome on board. :thumb:

Seeing is believing so please post some pictures!

911virgin have a good reputation on here, and I know people that will only buy from them so you should have some peace of mind there.

Anything else interesting in your garage?

Welcome Sandy,

Thrre's Quite a few of us around notts.

We meet on the first weds every month in Hoton, nr Loughborough. (TIPEC meet).

Pub is called the Packe Arms. It'll be quiet the next few months but the hardcore still go.

Pics please :thumb:

Thanks Jack,
I know I'll have a lot to learn so am sure this forum will be a great resource

Cheers Nigel,
My daily is a '13 Audi S3, The Mrs has an R53 Mini Cooper S (which I Love driving) and also have a Caterham 7 Superlight-R which I've owned for over 12 years now
I'm pretty much a petrolhead although not very good at the spannering bit!

James,
Cheers for that, will deffo be along in the New Year - I joined PCGB earlier this year too but not done anything club related yet

I tried a pic earlier but it didnt work so hopefully has uploaded this time :roll:

Attachments

• mupu_1_140.jpg
    mupu_1_140.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 2,264
  • mupu_1_140.jpg
    mupu_1_140.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 2,264
Love the reg.
It's how I feel when I drive the 993. Sorry very non PC.
Welcome to the madhouse of OCD obsession.

Welcome Sandy
Looking forward to seeing your 993 in the flesh at either one of the PCGB or TIPEC meets in the New year.

Welcome Sandy. Should be a good car if 911V are involved.

Looking forward to your thoughts and i'm sure a few mods and enhancements will follow... :thumb:

C.

:welcome:

Great collection and a lovely 993 :worship:

:thumb:

Midnight Blue...oh yes!! I would be biased though :D . Congrats. I see it lived in Dublin for a while judging by the stamp from Harmonstown Motors, they have a great Mechanic there. Health to enjoy.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back