Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Service conundrum

RCS

Monza
So we have a 2014 Cayenne 3 litre diesel Platinum Edition, its under a Porsche Warranty. Last service was Feb this year.

It is telling me we a need an oil change in 500 miles or 92 days.

A second message tells me it needs a minor service in 1800 miles and 127 days.

So if I follow this 30 days after changing the oil it looks like it will be changed again in a minor service!

If i change the oil is this likely to alter the minor service message and increase the miles/days to this?

Alternatively I guess I just have the minor service done on the oil change date which saves two lots of oil costs and just means the service has ben carried out about 2k miles or 30 days before needed?

Any thoughts anyone?

I've had this a few times. If you change the oil it doesn't change the service interval date, but Porsche then carry out the service without an oil change as it's just been done.

I would suggest either get the minor service with oil done a little early or just wait till its due then oil / service at the same time .

This should get it back in sync .

You have .. oil service .. minor service and Major service that can be reset on a tester ... resetting oil service wont alter the date for the Minor service though .

The oil doesnt drop off a cliff for the sake of 1k miles :)

Thanks all,

Yes my thoughts were to just have the minor service early, just have to watch i don't go over the oil date, as whilst we all know as deMort says the oil won't fall off a cliff, its on a Porsche Warranty so do not want to give any excuse should .........!!:eek:

It shouldn,t make any difference but like you .. i agree .. dont give Porsche any option .. a few weeks over due will make no difference however to Any warrenty claim in the future .. they allow something like 3 monthes before starting to consider it an issue in the event of a claim .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back