Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Newbie

Hi All,

I officially signed up to the forum yesterday to coincide with the day I let the BMW Z4M Coupe that I had owned for over 11 years from new go to make way for a 993 that had also had one owner from new:

DCdkgCJ.jpg

I have the original sales invoice, showing it was ordered with the Aerokit 2 front and rear spoilers, lowered suspension and 18" Technology wheels seen in the photo, along with sport bucket seats.

It was a daily driver until recently and has done over 147k miles so there are a few things I want to do to give the interior a bit of a refresh (and a few more things I didn't realise I wanted to do until I read the entire "What did you buy your 993 this week?" thread...!)

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi, thanks for all the useful information I've read so far and I look forward to participating in the forum.

All the best,

Paul

:welcome: to 911uk and to 911 ownership Paul. :thumb:

Wow! Beautiful! :thumbs:

One owner:- great find.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it loads.

Congratulations and welcome.

You'll find a wealth of knowledge on here, try to find a meet local to you (911uk/PCGB/TIPEC) and hopefully you'll find someone who knows 993's and can answer all the 'is this normal?' Questions.

There's a few 993 owners in the midlands.

Welcome and congrats on the new motor. Quite a change from a Z4M. :thumb:

What colour interior and is it just a general tidy/refresh. Any other mods planned?

C.

Looks gorgeous - midnight blue or ocean? Welcome to the 993 club!

One owner is a rare find, well done and welcome.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys - much appreciated!

James M-S said:
You'll find a wealth of knowledge on here, try to find a meet local to you (911uk/PCGB/TIPEC) and hopefully you'll find someone who knows 993's and can answer all the 'is this normal?' Questions.

There's a few 993 owners in the midlands.

I'm based in Battersea, South West London and do see the odd 993 around here so hopefully there are some local members whose brains I can pick!

cableguy said:
Welcome and congrats on the new motor. Quite a change from a Z4M. :thumb:

What colour interior and is it just a general tidy/refresh. Any other mods planned?

C.

The Z4M was a great car with a lovely engine but it's fair to say the 993 is on another level!

The interior is marble grey and looking pretty tired but I've seen the wonders that have been worked with the leather in some member's cars so I think I'll investigate the cost of that first.

I've got a Rennline Aluminium Gear Knob on order and like the look of the Carnewal Alu Gauge Trim Rings too but reckon I'll stop there for now (famous last words...!)

pierrebear said:
Looks gorgeous - midnight blue or ocean? Welcome to the 993 club!

It's midnight blue, which actually looks a lot darker in real life than that picture most of the time but I've been trying to take photos that don't show the number plate until I can get my personal plate transferred on to it!

Welcome, looking forward to some more pics.

Nice one Paul, welcome to the forum and congratulations on finding such a great looking car.

It's always pleasing to see 993's that have racked up a few miles, used as they were intended to be used.

Mine has done 130k miles now and often doesn't get used for a couple of weeks which gets me thinking I should maybe sell it. But then I take it for a quick blast and remember what an enjoyable and engaging thing it is to drive.

Great looking car, enjoy!

Welcome...good colour.
Enjoy!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back