Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust Bracket - Is there a washer?

Kingb4

Montreal
Hello,

Am after a bit of advice......

I am in the process of changing my exhaust back-boxes. Has been painful so far, as every bolt has snapped or rusted on. So has taken a while to get it all off.

Am now starting to put it all back together (with stainless-steel nuts and bolts). However, am wondering if there was a washer between the exhaust bracket and the metal plate that's attached to the engine. The diagram doesn't show one (between part 28 and part 18), but I can see the remnants of something rusty (possibly a washer) left on one on mine (it was on all of them, but have wire-brushed it off) - see the photo....

Thanks
Ben

Attachments

• exh_diag_158.jpg
    exh_diag_158.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 883
  • 15425412588820aa_964.jpg
    15425412588820aa_964.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 883
I'm amazed you managed to get that bracket off. All the ones I've seen the bolts mostly resemble rivets rather than anything hex shaped!

Nice work

No washer between the two, but I imagine a washer before the nut goes on the bolt.

Maybe treat the area with a rust converter, or grease before reassembly?

Thanks James - will definitely put some rust converter on, before reassembly.

I didn't manage to undo the bolts, I ground off the back of the captive nuts and will replace with nuts and bolts...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back