Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Macau GP Horrific Crash

Gottans

Spa-Francorchamps
Horrific crash at the Macau GP.

I am truly amazed the driver survived, hope everyone involved make full recoveries.

Top 10 most horrific crashes in Motorsport. Just unbelievable. A testament to the safety built into these cars. 10 years ago may have yielded a far different outcome

That was a big one. Apparently, she has a spinal fracture but is otherwise okay, which is pretty miraculous given the energy involved!

Just seen this on FB. That's some serious air! Just hope she's ok in the long run. 17 is no age to end up in a wheelchair.

A couple of cameramen were injured I think.

A Marshall ended up with a broken jaw and associated cuts.

Let's hope she recovers with no long term consequences - horrible crash

Wish her well

I've just watched footage of this on TV showing two different angles including one where the car had just launched from 170mph+.

Apparently she touched another car as they both hit the brakes at the end of the fastest straight.

Watched in normal speed it's terrifying. :eek:

I just recalled this one too.

It never ceases to amaze me how people can survive such impacts as usually internal organs break free(especially the heart).

Hope that young girl makes a speedy and full recovery but I am not so sure that she will want to race again after that😳

T8 said:
I've just watched footage of this on TV showing two different angles including one where the car had just launched from 170mph+.

Apparently she touched another car as they both hit the brakes at the end of the fastest straight.

Watched in normal speed it's terrifying. :eek:

Indeed. Guardian angel looking after her and the guys on the ground...

The other belter that gets me was when Barrichello crashed at Imola and Ratzinberger later that day. Barrichello ended up with a fat lip and Ratzinberger is no longer with us. Along with of course Senna.half a rotation here or there and it's a different result.
The car she hit on the way through was so lucky to survive too

Heard she is OK :thumbs:

Docs said it was because her name rhymes with Porsche :grin:

:grin:

I wonder if the guys in the box she hit have any stills or footage of her coming toward them. That would be an eye opener. Glad she's ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back