Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Silverstone - Any views?

DucatiRob

Need to book my car in for a major service, have used the two indies that are closest to me previously, North Bucks/Herts area, and have had pretty poor experiences both times, last time being charged nearly £300 for just an oil change.. apparently I should have booked it in for a minor service as it would have been the same price!! Anyway, lessons learned, you only get one chance in my book so won't be using either again.

Major service only £505 at P Silverstone which is not too far away, anyone have experience of them?

I've found them to be fairly good when servicing our cayenne diesel. Added bonus if you give them plenty of notice and request a Porsche courtesy car you'll get something fun to drive in for the day.

I'm there first thing Monday collecting a delivery :D

Its a dam shame the Indys near you aint very good .. heres me trying to sell the benifits of Indys and they let me down .. sigh ..

Silverstone used to be part of the group i worked for and had a pretty sensible reputation back then .

check the " small print " but normally OPC,s charge extra for..

Spark plugs ..
Brake fluid change ..
Drive belt check ..
4 year airbag check ..

I expect those items will also be required with the Major if at 4 years .

Any report you get then run it by me first .. or at least have a good look at the items yourself .. OPC guys can be a little bit keen bless them :D

DucatiRob said:
Need to book my car in for a major service, have used the two indies that are closest to me previously, North Bucks/Herts area, and have had pretty poor experiences both times, last time being charged nearly £300 for just an oil change.. apparently I should have booked it in for a minor service as it would have been the same price!! Anyway, lessons learned, you only get one chance in my book so won't be using either again.

Major service only £505 at P Silverstone which is not too far away, anyone have experience of them?

Rob, the two that you have used before, was one of them Hatfield? the reason I ask is I was going to give them a go for my service.

I have my MOT booked with them in December, I used West London last year and they mentioned a few things that needed changing but nothing mentioned on the MOT cert as an advisory, in my view if it needed looking at then it should had been noted.

Swamps :)

Swampy said:
DucatiRob said:
Need to book my car in for a major service, have used the two indies that are closest to me previously, North Bucks/Herts area

Rob, the two that you have used before, was one of them Hatfield? the reason I ask is I was going to give them a go for my service

HE said Indy's, not OPC :wack:

Swampy said:
they mentioned a few things that needed changing but nothing mentioned on the MOT cert as an advisory, in my view if it needed looking at then it should had been noted

I'd say that they were doing you a favour by not mentioning it :dont know:

Guess it depends what it was though :thumb:

HE said Indy's, not OPC :wack:

He did, Doh blonde moment :thumbs:

used to be my OPC, pricing isn't very transparent with a headline service price turning out to be significantly more when you add the necessary 'parts' to complete the service

when I raised this to the DP, his response related to how he was the best and that I should be lucky to be a customer

bought my next 2 Porsche's from another OPC, who supported my experience

:eh!:

My boss used them for his GTS, was deeply unimpressed, dreadful customer service.

I'd go Demort, worth the 120 mile trip. Failing that, I'd give PorscheTorque a punt. Good enough for 911v, has a good rep on here too.

Anyways, my car goes to Demort, next level service.

The return of Marty Wild said:
I'd go Demort, worth the 120 mile trip. Failing that, I'd give PorscheTorque a punt. Good enough for 911v, has a good rep on here too.

Anyways, my car goes to Demort, next level service.

If putting one of theirs in for a service, and wanting to maintain an OPC service history, 911V will use Brooklands.

As per usual, Pzero with the knowledge.

deMort said:
Its a dam shame the Indys near you aint very good .. heres me trying to sell the benifits of Indys and they let me down .. sigh ..

Silverstone used to be part of the group i worked for and had a pretty sensible reputation back then .

check the " small print " but normally OPC,s charge extra for..

Spark plugs ..
Brake fluid change ..
Drive belt check ..
4 year airbag check ..

I expect those items will also be required with the Major if at 4 years .

Any report you get then run it by me first .. or at least have a good look at the items yourself .. OPC guys can be a little bit keen bless them :D

To be honest, the only reason I am not driving 120 miles to you DeMort or the 180 miles to Hartech is that I have no annual leave left :x

To be fair, the two Indy's I have used have decent reputations and it could well be that I was unlucky, but you only get one chance in my book! A little customer service costs nothing!

I will check that small print!

DucatiRob said:
To be fair, the two Indy's I have used have decent reputations and it could well be that I was unlucky, but you only get one chance in my book! A little customer service costs nothing!

Who were they :dont know:

I'd be happy to take your car for you :grin:

:thumb:

I didn't have a great buying experience with OPC Silverstone, enquired about a 991 turbo they had in stock and arranged a viewing about 5 days in advance, on the morning they call me to tell me they had decided to service it that morning and some parts weren't available, re-arranged for a couple days later and got another call informing me parts hadn't arrived and the car wasn't ready.

Rearranged for the following week and they call me a hour before I was due to arrive to tell me someone had placed a deposit on the car online.

I appreciate its not their fault but the planning on their behalf was poor to say the least.

No issue using Silverstone.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back