Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Roof Scoop ----------

-- 997 --

What is the purpose for having one of these Roof Scoops on ? Also as a cosmetic sence how many of you guys would fit one?

Cheers

J

Attachments

• 20181117_142133_306.jpg
    20181117_142133_306.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 1,523
It's a new orifice for a mechaphilia sufferer to have a crack at when they get bored of the exhaust pipes.
Can't see any practical use for it other than alleged aesthetics.

I think the purpose is to make you look cooler, younger and more handsome whilst compensating for ones tiny gentleman sausage!

Thinking of getting one myself :?:

The main reason for having a roof scoop on a rally car is to actually pressurise the interior of the car slightly. This small increase in pressure works wonders to keep out dust and sand from the rally stage.

Others do it for the rally slag look.

Apparently Some mid engined race cars use them to feed cool air into the cabin for comfort.

Thanks - I'm pleased that I now know this!
James M-S said:
The main reason for having a roof scoop on a rally car is to actually pressurise the interior of the car slightly. This small increase in pressure works wonders to keep out dust and sand from the rally stage.

Others do it for the rally slag look.

Apparently Some mid engined race cars use them to feed cool air into the cabin for comfort.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back