Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dustcaps?

997ant

I am pondering some new dustcaps,my car has 4 wheels so I need a full set of 4!
My problem is my spare wheel making 5 wheels in total.
Can I buy dustcaps separate?
Or will I have to buy a full set and have 3 spare?
Your thoughts are truly appreciated, thankyou. :?:

That Sir, is the best display of OCD I have ever seen.

I would use one of your current dust caps on the spare, and have the spangly new ones on display on the road wheels.

If you bought five dustcaps you'd have to rotate them between the five wheels to ensure they wear evenly.

:grin:

No, best thing is to get rid of your car and swap it for one that has the correct dust caps.

Just buy a Reliant Robin and then all 4 caps can be utilised on all 4 wheels.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

they say laughing us good for your health and i feel good.

Now my question is can we buy dustcaps seperate from a wheel or do we have to buy a set of rims with tyres just for the dustcaps?

The search continues!!!

J

You can buy 100 for £1.99. I wouldn't worry about buying them individually.

MC

I have a set of 997 Sport design alloys Alloys with colour crested centres and matching Porsche crested tyre valve caps and can supply a spare set of valve caps, ,all genuine porsche , with matching N rated Tyres

£1200 delivered

Ant....you've been on the Brown Ale again haven't you ....... :grin:

If you find some make sure they are plastic as the metal ones can seize on the threads unless you take them on and off regularly...

mark pearce said:
I have a set of 997 Sport design alloys Alloys with colour crested centres and matching Porsche crested tyre valve caps and can supply a spare set of valve caps, ,all genuine porsche , with matching N rated Tyres

£1200 delivered

The best example of upselling I've ever seen. :worship:

I would only use plasric ones.

MC

MisterCorn said:
I would only use plasric ones.

MC

Black or Silver?
Coloured Porsche Crest or Black and White crests?

the choice is almost endless

and I almost forgot with TPMS or without ?

If you want second hand plastic black caps then i have maybe 50 sitting on our tyre machine .. send me an address and ill happily post them to you .

if you want metal ones .. Porsche Crest etc then whilst you can buy a set i would recomend against it .. plenty of times ive tryed to remove them to do tyre pressures and they are seized .. worst case and its new valves ..

Personnely i dont like this type :D

@ mark pearce

respect were its due sir .. nice upsale :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back