Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 GT3 Options

ColinR

I am having a slow day here so thought I'd take a look at the options on my car - (I can hear the shouts of get a life!!)

Anyhow- my car was optioned with the roll cage (code XSL) - I had assumed it was a retro fit. This would have cost the orginal owner £700 but it was free in the club sport package. The car also has the nomex sports seats which don't seem to have been an option outside the CS package.

Is this hybrid CS spec fairly common - I imagine it was speced this way to avoid the harness and extinguisher?

I think that is the T-Equipment harness bar which bolts to the rear seatbelt mounts (and provides somewhere to mount harnesses) and not the full CS roll cage which bolts into the suspension turrets and the floor of the car. The latter also provides greater rigidity of the platform.

I think at the outset many people optioned the harness bar as it would have come across as more road friendly with an easily removed rear harness bar. Plus many could also spec leather buckets (and not the Nomex buckets that came with CS spec)

As a brand new car a comfort with leather buckets and T-Equipment harness bar was a more expensive spec than a CS car....so most buyer felt they had selected a higher spec car.

Ah, ok, that makes more sense, thanks for the insight. I would not have figured that Porsche had two versions of the roll bar to be optioned on a new build. I can see the attraction of having one that could be removed and also having a slightly less ridged car for the road. These little details get easily lost over time.

Byetheway, was it yourself that recently posted on Utube a lap on a damp Silverstone in a red 996gt3? If so, nice catch in the slow section after the new start/finish!

ColinR said:
Byetheway, was it yourself that recently posted on Utube a lap on a damp Silverstone in a red 996gt3? If so, nice catch in the slow section after the new start/finish!

Yes it was :)

...the rear end frequently moves on that corner with lots of weight transfer on the nose of the car

LaSource said:
ColinR said:

Yes it was :)

...the rear end frequently moves on that corner with lots of weight transfer on the nose of the car

Link?

:thumb:

Youtube link corrected by Moderator, per the following, just the 11 character codes in the youtube wrap

Code:
[media=youtube]l66U_ptM-oQ[/media]

ColinR said:
I am having a slow day here so thought I'd take a look at the options on my car - (I can hear the shouts of get a life!!)

Anyhow- my car was optioned with the roll cage (code XSL) - I had assumed it was a retro fit. This would have cost the orginal owner £700 but it was free in the club sport package. The car also has the nomex sports seats which don't seem to have been an option outside the CS package.

Is this hybrid CS spec fairly common - I imagine it was speced this way to avoid the harness and extinguisher?

Is your roll cage black or silver ?

It is silver - looks like polished steel to me.

LaSource said:

Youtube link corrected by Moderator, per the following, just the 11 character codes in the youtube wrap

Code:

Wish I knew what to do if mine stepped out. :worship:

Daniel said:
LaSource said:

Code:

Wish I knew what to do if mine stepped out. :worship:

It's easy peasy. You just have to go for a few trackdays and drive to the edge of your ability, lose it a few times, and catch it a few times. Not rocket science, just needs some muscle memory. :)

ColinR said:
It is silver - looks like polished steel to me.

Then it's a Tecquipment aftermarket item that bolts to the seatbelt mounting points. The Clubsport cage is black & bolts top the rear suspension turrets & welded in floor plates.

ColinR said:

Mine has XSL also but with 375 & 376 (leather sports seats) originally.

The seats were then upgraded to genuine Porsche Recaro Nomax.

It's Guards Red also; our cars could be twins!

Y2K - yes yours must be pretty close to mine to look at. Not sure what to make of the seats - there are no option codes for them on the front label but I have also read the nomax seats did not have a seperate code because they were supplied in the CS package.

I have family in Hampshire so if I get along your way I shall give you a shout

ColinR said:
I have family in Hampshire so if I get along your way I shall give you a shout

Mine will be sorn'd soon but yes, drop me a PM in spring if you are in the area.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back