Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 GT3 CS OEM Harness Install

-ollie-

Hi Guys.

Apologies if this has been covered lots previously, I did try the search but couldn't find anything.

I have a 997.1 GT3 CS which I'm soon to be installing OEM Schroth harnesses in to.

I know that the shoulder belts go on the roll bar of the cage and am fine with that, but am unsure where the crotch strap and the lap belts x 2 bolt to.

I've seen some conflicting stuff online, and wondered if anyone has experience of this themselves and could give me some information on the proper, OEM locations. I *think* the lap belts are bolted into a threaded insert I've found on the transmission tunnel and on the sill, but am at a loss with the crotch strap. Annoyingly, I did have the seats out the other day (carbon buckets), but didn't think to look for threaded holes in the floorpan at the time.

Thanks in advance.

Ollie

I can't remember now how I sorted mine when I fitted my aftermarket cage, but I remember chatting to Cunno about it at the time. Maybe try dropping him a PM if you don't get any luck on this thread? Good luck :thumb:

To be honest I'm not sure as my car is a modded comfort. It will be one of 2 ways either bolted to floor or the seat frame has a harness bar built in, not sure what was standard. Freddie44 or Senoj would know.

Lap belts go in as you describe. Just make eye to have the correct threaded bolts as they are weird spec, not metric iirc.

Crotch belts attach to threaded inserts in the floor under the front of the seat, just slide the seat all the way back and you'll see them. Again make sure to get the right washers and spacers on there and also follow the schroth instructions for wrapping the belt webbing to the mount hardware. Bit fiddly to get the lengths all good but once done it's done.

Thanks guys, I got there in the end.

The crotch strap threads appeared too far forward to my mind initially, until I attached the harness and they then looked fine.

Drivers & passenger harness both in now, along with the ludicrous fire extinguisher in the passenger footwell. No point having a CS and not having all the daft stuff fitted after all!

I've ordered a couple of those male seatbelt ends to plug into the OEM belt socket to stop the 60 seconds of annoying noise and red light on the dash. Ebay's finest, £2.50 delivered!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back