Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wipers parked on the passenger side

gunner

Wouldn't it make more sense...?

Out of the drivers eyeline most of the time...?

Or am I missing something...?

hopeydaze said:
Problem I suppose is that the screen would initially take longer to clear. However, who drives a 993 in the rain?

I did think about that but we're talking about 1 second? I do drive mine all year round but the wipers still only get used 5% of the time.

I think it makes absolute sense for the wipers to park on the drivers side - it ensures the screen in front of you gets cleared first. Never thought of it as impeding my view in any way - I'm certainly not tall and my seat is in the lower position.

The two central wipers were an afterthought that had to be added when management rejected the original design plan of a single central wiper at the last minute because "we're not f***ing Mercedes".

Don't think I've even paraphrased, think that might be a quote.

wasz said:
Is it because Porsche couldn't be bothered to re-engineer the car for the right hand drive market?[/b]

The wipers park on the left on LHD cars so its evidently deliberate. As said above, probably a safety thing.

wasz said:
Is it because Porsche couldn't be bothered to re-engineer the car for the right hand drive market?[/b]

LHD vehicles park the wipers on the left, so it's an engineering decision to leave them in front of the driver

Yep mine park on the left. Never found them to restrict my vision.

ATB :)

decgraham said:
Yep mine park on the left. Never found them to restrict my vision.

ATB :)

It definitely take a few weeks to get use to but I don't notice them at all now and they are super efficient I find

they are always parked on the drivers side whether lhd or rhd to ensure the better coverage on the drivers side

when you run your wipers you're see that the passenger side doesn't quite have the coverage of the drivers side since they are offset to the drivers side

added that the 2 wipers are closer together so ensuring maximum performance

I did not realise the 993 had wipers :eek:

Is this what you lot talk about when the cars are put away to sleep :sleepy:

:grin:

Doesn't the passenger get a line of water running up the screen after a wash/ wipe? If the wipers were parked on the left then the driver would get this.

If you remove the wiper relay then the wipers will stop immediately on the screen in whatever position they were when you turned them off by the stalk - so you can get them to park on the left. You do also lose the intermittent wipe though.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron2325
Back