Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Major Service done- Don't forget to check the coolant pipes

ScoobyDoo555

Hi All,

Been servicing my car this last week (was only meant to be one day but issues transpired to extend this session! :D )

Did a major service (oil, plugs, air/fuel/oil filters, poly belt - the whole 9 yards).

Went to get to the fuel filter and brushed against the coolant pipe coming from the tank. The T-piece literally shattered!

So, service was stopped (was also getting a tad cold) while a replacement part was ordered from Design911.

£53 later and the part turned up on Friday.

Fitted today.

The interesting thing is that the pipe is the original (some 18 years old)..... but there was severe cracking around all plastic aspects - thankfully it went now rather than on my daily commute through the communications blackspot.

So, whilst you're under/over your cars, just check em - simply a case of fatigued plastics.

Dan :thumbs:

Hi

Do you have a link to the part?

Thanks

Same thing happened to me on my drive home from work dumped all her coolant red light on dash let me know I had a issue engine had only started so still warming up. First thought was water pump car was towed to my Indy That's when the plastic pipe was found to be the failure. My car is a 996.1 year is 2000 she is great condition very well looked after, so heads up all with a early 996 plastic parts are getting brittle and may fail so worth changing checking at next service it looks find right up to the minute it fails

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back