Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mercedes flappy paddles - help

louisiana95

Hi

I am going to attempt the Tiptronic flappy paddle conversion, having seen some great threads on here. I have my spare steering wheel to practice on from eBay, but am struggling to buy the Mercedes AMG alloy paddles.

I saw on a similar thread the following parts reference numbers: AMG A2125450068 and AMG A2125450168, but having called 2 Mercedes main dealers, neither is able (or perhaps willing) to locate the parts/sell them to me. Both have said they need a license plate or a chassis number??

I have tried to use the codes to find an online parts store, but have not been successful, and eBay has not thrown any up either. I'd be keen on new parts by the way.

Anyone got any ideas and/or able to help?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Hi,
I did this on my 997 a few months ago very straightforward and a great mod can be a little tricky on an MF wheel but still doable

I also found it difficult to locate the Merc paddles on line and bought mine from the local Merc agents at little more than online prices. Arrived in 2 days and I got a free coffee when I collected them.

Hope this helps

this is the part number you need for the AMG C63 paddle switches:

A171 267 00 46

its psecial order so you will have to pay then they come in. I got them from Ascot mercedes and they were fine with it. just tell them its a retro fit and you do not have the merc number plate or chassis.

done it to my 997 tip and i love it.

Thanks both for the extra info, I'll call the main dealer again today, and fingers crossed

Dremel at the ready!

Cheers

Mark

I've got a set I never installed as I went with a 991 wheel instead, happy to sell them to you at a discount.

Hi

Cheers, but I ordered some earlier this week using the part number above, pick them up Saturday.

Thanks anyway. . . . .get them on eBay I'm sure you'll find takers

Cheers

M

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back