Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help with part numbers for Clips?

steve r

Hi,

Can anyone help with the part numbers for these clips please.

One is a plastic clip that holds 2 slightly different sized hoses together under the car and the other is a metal clip that goes into a square/ractangular hole in a bracket under the car which a screw for one of the under trays goes into.

Thanks

xyMrvp2.jpg

PimeAon.jpg

h3jNGaP.jpg

RjXsp88.jpg

The latter is a "speed nut"

I bought a bag full of stainless ones and stainless screws to go with them years ago and have replaced cruddy ones all over my 996 when doing jobs.

EDIT: now I think about it that gearbox mount speed nut is different as it clips in the square hole I think. Can't remember now what I did here as mine was missing. I think I just held a speed nut over the hole and screwed the screw in before fixing the rest of the under tray. Not perfect. I need one too then if you find a part number!

Ive searched that site and pet .. it seems the speed nut is part of the bracket and is not sold seperatly .. ive found something similar but have no idea if it will work .. no. 13

pipes and 19 numbers are pipe sizes ?

no idea if these are correct but its all i can do .. i tend to fix cars and not find parts :(

Images below ..

Attachments

• fixings_1_191.jpg
    fixings_1_191.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,570
  • undertrays_1_322.jpg
    undertrays_1_322.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 1,570
  • clamp_1_115.jpg
    clamp_1_115.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,570
  • clamp1_1_195.jpg
    clamp1_1_195.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 1,570
Thanks for the help.

I found part. Number 999 507 488 40 for the plastic clip so have ordered one of those and will see if it's right.

Not luck either with the metal but. I've got some of the slip on ones but this clips into the bracket. The Porsche PET got the undertrays suggests one of the plastic expanding rivets is used but that's a round fasterner in a square hole....

In my VW days their parts catalogue ETKA had a section with drawings of most of the different fasteners. I'll see if I can find a copy of it & have a search.

999 507 488 40 was a good number for the plastic clip. It was closed up out of the packet and felt like it would break when i tried to open it a little so i heated it up infront of my fan heater and it clipped on nicely.

Now to track down the speed nut that clips into the square hole.......

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back