Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Poor Boys Black Hole on Midnight Blue Paint??

segart

Any idea if i can use Poor Boys Black Hole polish on my Midnight Blue paintwork or would that be a bad idea?
Cheers Rick

Assume you know it doesn't polish and is a glaze that masks minor blemishes and swirls rather than remove them, yes it works fine on dark paintwork :thumb:

PS. Their 'white diamond" equivalent does the same job for light colours.

This is actually midnight using a combo of Poorboys black hole and a bouncers "check the fleck" wax on top :thumb: :thumb: gave a nice deep tone and brought the fleck out in the paint very well

Attachments

• 28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_138.jpg
    28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_138.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 2,035
Yes, it will be just fine, I used to use this on my old 993 Turbo which was midnight blue. Looked stunning.

Just remember Black hole is a very clever polish that hides swirls and marks rather than rectifying them.

Great product though.

:thumb:

I use Poorboys Black Hole on my midnight blue Boxster S and my Obsidian Black Merc. Polish the car first, then apply the Black Hole, then wax over the top :thumb:
I did try Poorboys Nattys Blue Paste wax, but it was really hard work by hand, so I now use Farecla G3, which is really easy to use :grin:

mark pearce said:
Farecla G3 is a compound not a wax

AFAIK there are G3 compounds, but also waxes and glazes.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back