Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche price rises current and future

spongebob squarepants

Having tracked the market closely over the last few months, for the first time in years prices are reducing with genuine reductions both privately and in the trade.

Top end cars are being reduced by 3-4 k in one go in some instances, and dealers who stubbornly refuse to reduce prices have stock sitting for months, with the likes of Hexagon more like years!. Private buyers still over-estimate their cars values and are struggling to sell.

The only dealer I see immune to this is 911v who seem able to shift stock pretty much whatever?

There are a few bargains cropping up now, but I still feel with Brexit and winter approaching there is further to fall, and the market could crash altogether, the 991 is looking increasingly like a bargain with prices levelling between high spec 997 and lower spec 991, but with the 991 more falling to go and not the time to buy yet.

All this is great news for buyers, bad news for owners and yuppy investors, but most enthusiasts will be happy over the long term. Or is all the above bo ll ocks???

It had to end at some point, despite the talker-uppers saying it wouldn't due to certain models not being made anymore, blah-blah.

Bring it on I say. I'm happy for my 996 to drop to £8k-£10k if £50k stuff drops to £30k.

There's been too many speculators posing as enthusiasts for the last 4-5 years.
Let's hope they latch on to something else like the boom in legal cannabis (bit late to be fair) and leave us petrolheads with our cars again.

Will be interesting to watch things unfold over the next year or two.

Just to add a bit of balance, it's now winter, the gritters are out up here, so the last thing on most people's mind is a classic, summer use car.

The bubble is deflating though.
Surely cars are done as investments now anyway with petrol and diesel car production now having a date over its head to end and autonomous cars getting nearer each day.

Is some of this seasonal, sports cars do sell better in the Spring/Summer?

Marky911 said:
Just to add a bit of balance, it's now winter, the gritters are out up here, so the last thing on most people's mind is a classic, summer use car.

Does that mean my Cayenne has just gone up in value then. :)

I wouldn't say that the market has crashed but it's definitely slowed right down. Some of that is seasonal but it's definitely more than that as it seems to have started in August.

It's particularly noticeable with regard to modern 911s as in recent years values have risen dramatically so any levelling or fall seems worse. All 996s and 997s are probably actually selling for what they were 3 years ago and even the 991 has depreciated far slower than previous generations.

It's people that have bought in the last 3 years that will be most affected by this so they're probably holding on to what they've got. Dealers have stock they need to shift so asking prices have fallen and they aren't making good offers for part-ex cars which further stalls the market.

911V seem to have kept their stock turning over as they offer good cars at a sensible price. It seems like their business model is based on selling more cars with lower margins per car. Their reputation and repeat customer base helps this, even though the 'cost to change' by buying from them is probably about the same as anywhere else.

Huge overreaction. The market hasn't crashed but is slowly down.

I bought my car in May 2018 and I am still very happy with the price I paid. I plan to own my car for at least 3 years, so I am not too bothered if prices fall as I am not selling.

@spongebob squarepants - It's almost like you have a big wad of cash in your pocket and hoping to pick up a bargain...

We all know your agenda here :hand:

benbuhagiar said:
@spongebob squarepants - It's almost like you have a big wad of cash in your pocket and hoping to pick up a bargain...

We all know your agenda here :hand:

An agenda to drive down prices even further :?: :grin: :hand:

Could be worse...

Wonder what will happen to the values of JLR cars?

There must be some deals to be had out there at the moment

Marky911 said:
It had to end at some point, despite the talker-uppers saying it wouldn't due to certain models not being made anymore, blah-blah.

Bring it on I say. I'm happy for my 996 to drop to £8k-£10k if £50k stuff drops to £30k.

Let's hope they latch on to something else like the boom in legal cannabis (bit late to be fair) and leave us petrolheads with our cars again.

Surely cars are done as investments now anyway with petrol and diesel car production now having a date over its head to end and autonomous cars getting nearer each day.

I think the bubble is deflating and will become a catastrophic crash over next few years. Used prices are still crazy. Hexagon have a 2000 mile 993 turbo in Arena price recently slashed from 189,995 to 169,995. Its still ridiculously over priced even today IMO but the difference between Hexagon and other dealers and 911V is that you will hardly ever see 911V lower prices let alone drop by £30,000!

911V charge a fair price and gain repeat business by providing decent customer service levels and straight cars.

By contrast Hexagon and many other dealers try and take their customers for everything they have. To be fair to Hexagon they have a different business model and generally do higher end cars.

mikeluke said:
Could be worse...

I'm surprised they can give them away :eek:

Desert Dragon said:
Marky911 said:

I think the bubble is deflating and will become a catastrophic crash over next few years. Used prices are still crazy. Hexagon have a 2000 mile 993 turbo in Arena price recently slashed from 189,995 to 169,995. Its still ridiculously over priced even today IMO but the difference between Hexagon and other dealers and 911V is that you will hardly ever see 911V lower prices let alone drop by £30,000!

911V charge a fair price and gain repeat business by providing decent customer service levels and straight cars.

By contrast Hexagon and many other dealers try and take their customers for everything they have. To be fair to Hexagon they have a different business model and generally do higher end cars.

Thing is they have had vehicles for sale literally years (the overpriced GTS's for example) Perhaps what were seeing initially is a levelling of prices, where the crazily overpriced stuff from the profiteering Arthur Daley's is coming back to reality (except for Hexy prices obviously :grin:)

spongebob squarepants said:
mikeluke said:
Could be worse...

I'm surprised they can give them away :eek:

Prior to buying my Cayenne S ... I had a RRS MY 2009 it was actually a great car but the spectre of a couple of surprisingly expensive failures prompted me to consider a new RR

Tried the current RRS which was a decent enough motor but lacked some soul

The full fat version was much better but the engine was a bit gutless in V6 format ...and a bit more expensive than I wanted to pay at that time

I tried to get a deal on a demonstrator RRS autobiography but they wouldn't budge on the full list price of a new car!!!

Ended up I gave them the golf tango foxtrot and although I think I would still really like the ful fat Range Rover I've probably gone past it now as I love the Cayenne
I must say that there isn't much else there that I like ...

As said before , the overinflated cars ae coming down also that includes the GTs and turbos that went mad for a while . but the run of the mill ave spec ave miles carreras are sitting flat but not dropping hugely. I know a guy who recently sold his gen1 997 for fair money, he had owned the car for 4 yrs and lost 4k thats an ave of 1k pa for owning and enjoying a 911 that in my book is a pretty good deal . I think only those in for a shock are guys who actually believe they are going to make a big wad of profit from owning a watercooled carrera model , If your the type thats thinking I wont lose as much as a bmw or merc for 911 ownership then your not going to go far wrong . :thumb: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back