Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

LED headlights mot fail ?

Gazc2

The standard lights as you would expect a car of this age are dismal , however am I right in thinking fitting these now are an mot fail ?

http://carmagic.us/led.html

Attachments

• 76_914_009_169.jpg
    76_914_009_169.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 6,534
Depends on your MOT Centre, might be harder on a classic. My 987.1 got through twice without so much of a mention.

Can always just swap them out come MOT day?!

If its a 914 then it presumably won't need an MOT anyway... assuming it is over 40 yrs old.

Not sure you have a 914? but personally I love the "shagged out glow worm" beams on mine. :grin: :thumb:

And yes just swap them out for mot if you have led's

CS Sportscars just fitted those to the main beams on my 993. They are insanely bright!

My 996 LED bulb upgrade got through the MoT without comment. The LEDs are not too good however, a very even, white light but not enough penetration.

I've now fitted Litronics and they are much better although expensive, even 2nd hand.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back