Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Clutches

Armagreggon85

Silverstone
Hi all

I'm having some issues regarding clutches. As part of my engine rebuild I'm installing a TTV lightweight flywheel so looking to move to a sprung clutch plate but I'm confused what the size should be.

I ordered a sprung clutch direct from Sachs in Germany but when it arrived the spline size looked a bit small compared to the one that came off. I also ordered a clutch kit from ECP for the pressure plate and release bearing, it looked small next to that one. My clutch centering tool will not fit in the new clutch. I took some measurements and got the following results.

Sachs performance clutch for 996 3.4 24.2 x 23T
Helix Autosport catalog says 996 3.4 24.2 x 23T
Old clutch that came off 26 x 23T
New sachs clutch ECP 996 3.4 26 x 23T
Clutch alignment tool (website says for all 996 models) 26 x 23T

As you can see there does not seem to be any consensus which is the correct size. I initially thought maybe I have a later gearbox fitted, apart from the fact that the ECP clutch was correct and the alignment tool fits my old one. Do Sachs and Helix have the wrong information? Should it be 24.2mm or 26mm for a 996.1

:?:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back