Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Putting a deposit down - inspection and warranty

rob_p

Hi all
I think I am about to put a deposit down on a 991.
The car in question is currently at the opc having some work done (but not being sold by them).
Is it worth me getting an 111 point inspection whilst it's there?
Will it tell me much?
Car is sold with 6 month limited warranty which I can upgrade to "value of the car" type warranty for 12 months and will probably do so.
So - spend the money on 111 point check or use it for the extended warranty or just save the ££.
Thoughts?

Any obvious watch outs on the 991? (I am pretty familiar with all the usual 997 stuff)

Thanks in advance.
Rob

The c£220 cost of a 111 point check may throw up far more than that in things that you can negotiate off the price so I would.

There shouldn't be anything extra for them to look for compared to a 997.2

Thanks Terry. That was certainly where I started from, I then had a bit of a google and found quite a few people saying it's not worth the paper it's written on - not very detailed and inconsistent from one opc to the next in terms of how much they pick up.
Does anyone have any experience of how robust or otherwise the 111 point check is?

The best warranty you can get is the Official Porsche one and the 111 point check flags up what a car will need done to get on that scheme so it's a no-brainer if that's what any buyer is planning.

If you're not planning to go that route then it won't matter if the battery or tyres aren't Porsche approved but other things may still be relevant.

On older cars a PPI including a borescope would be more prudent but that costs more £££s and isn't necessary on a 991.

Thanks. Do you know if it will include an over revs report?

If you are getting a warranty, they will check for over rev's.
If it's a PDK unlikely that it can happen.

It's a manual and I don't plan to take up a Porsche warranty.
I just want to know if it's a decent car or not.

I got the 111-point check on my 991.1 a few years back, and it highlighted the requirement to replace one of the tyres and sort out wheel alignment. Given that would have cost me over £200 alone, and was covered by the dealer - it was a worthwhile investment.

I bet if you asked the OPC, they may tell you about the over-revs. you would need the current owner (the dealer?) to provide them with permission to release the information - but checking over-revs is a 5 min job, so it would be strange for them to decline, or refuse to do it for a nominal fee.

I would recommend an over-rev check on a manual. you only need someone to have shoved it in 2nd rather than 4th to blow out a level 5/6 over-rev.

Thanks for the responses.
Good news - I spoke to the opc today and the service manager told me not to bother with the 111 point check. He said they have already had a good look at the car and all is well. When I asked about the over revs he read it out to me and then when I asked if he could email it to me he sent me the whole data output!
There are no revs outside stage 1 which is as good as I could have hoped for.
Result!

Range 1 only indicates its had an easy life .. rev ranges on a PDK and Porsche say they are not applicable as it cant happen ... i would tend to argue with that but thats Porsches Official answer .

You only ned to be concerned when ranges 4 and above are recorded .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back