Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bump steer since adding powerflex bushes

JordanH

Hi,

Yesterday I had powerflex bushes added to the coffin arms with new tuning forks and track rods. Now although the car still needs tracking the bump steer is MUCH more noticeable since adding the polybushes.

There are various bump steer track rods which I assume just raise them back to OEM levels on a lowered car?

Has anyone gone through this as I'm not sure if just tracking the car will cure this or if I need to purchase these (expensive) track rods before doing so?

You will need the geometry checked and adjusted before drawing any conclusions. :thumb:

kas750 said:
You will need the geometry checked and adjusted before drawing any conclusions. :thumb:

Yes this is an option only it will cost money to get it adjusted and then if the bump steer is still there I'll have to buy the kit and have it done again.

Hence asking if anyone had experience of this before I spend £500 on rose jointed/spaced track rods if they're not required.

You won't know until you reset the geometry properly. Only then you can start checking for, and correcting any remaining bump steer.

The modifications you describe (if that's all that was done) cannot induce bump-steer. Bump-steer is a function of the track rod length changing as the wheel carrier moves through its arc of travel. That in turn is caused by lowering the car and not adjusting the track rod height to compensate.

I suspect what you are really feeling is a consequence of toe out, which will make the car feel very darty with the smallest of bumps inducing a direction change.

A good geo will sort that out.

Geo check on a Hunter Hawkeye alignment system at Kwikfit is free so won't cost you anything. You then make the choice of what to do if it's out.

This post is over 2 years old now, FWIW tracking did sort it out :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back