Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 order... What are your specs?

6appeal

Had the phone call from the dealer today offering deal for my 991.2 at 2.5yrs 50k miles and reserving order for the 992 for 1st April collection... release and confirmation of build detail February.

Roll on the Nov LA motor show.

Am liking that the base carrera will have the same wide body as the rest of the range.

Re: 992 order...

6appeal said:
1st April collection...

:eek:

silly.gif

:grin:

You got way more details than me!
I've just pre ordered a 4S and been told '2nd quarter".
Already a little bit impatient!

They want to wait till delivery month for a part ex value on mine.

Yup, needless to say nothing firm, but a sensible ball-park.

Sideways, that's the way OPC's play it. I placed my order for 997 in first quarter 2004 when images appeared in Autocar magazine. They will offer you buttons on your Porsche trade in and there attitude is "You owe us £70K next week its up to you how you pay it so take px or bank transfer full amount".

GARY S said:
Sideways, that's the way OPC's play it. I placed my order for 997 in first quarter 2004 when images appeared in Autocar magazine. They will offer you buttons on your Porsche trade in and there attitude is "You owe us £70K next week its up to you how you pay it so take px or bank transfer full amount".
Ha! So right Gary.
I'm tempted to offer it around earlier and force their hand. I have other cars so a month or two in March/April without a 911 won't be too hard.

Re: 992 order...

HSC911 said:
6appeal said:
1st April collection...

:eek:

silly.gif

:grin:

Indeed. And for one obvious reason, 1st April 2019 might, or might not look very different for UK businesses, particularly one importing from the EU.

Anyone know if the Manual will be 6-speed or 7-speed?

If they go back to 6-speed and get rid of the "slant", it would be a lot more tempting than it's predecessor 991.

Poker2009 said:

If they go back to 6-speed and get rid of the "slant", it would be a lot more tempting than it's predecessor 991.
I don't know the answer but 7 is better than 6... right! :grin:

Attachments

• seven_560.png
    seven_560.png
    525.9 KB · Views: 32,916
sideways said:
Poker2009 said:

I don't know the answer but 7 is better than 6... right! :grin:

991R went back to 6, so I think 6 must be better.

Deposit placed... undecided if to order for summer or to wait for 1st sept and swap out at the 3yr point of my 991.2... Build slot queue for now...

I'm thinking GT Silver, with black leather, contrast yellow stitching, yellow seat belts.

Just sent my spec to the dealer, but I cant decide on the wheels... i'm torn between Carrera Exclusive Design wheels and the Classic's.
Straw poll of opinions?

Loving the wood trim! (didn't think i'd ever say that in my lifetime)

Attachments

• 992_wood_105.jpg
    992_wood_105.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 31,823

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back