Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Non factory build??

BChivs

Spa-Francorchamps
I just enquired about a car that was on first impressions a very cheap car....loved the look of it and genuinely keen, however when things seem to good to be true they normally are! No free lunch and all that!

https://www.sellyourcarwithus.co.uk/vehicle-details/Porsche-911-U1818/

After a bit of probing it transpired the car although on a 2012 '62 reg' with only 12.5k miles on the clock was not built by Porsche until 2015 from a shell and parts? It says on the log book manufactured using parts of which all/some may not be new at the time of production? Obviously due to this there is no PDI service and has only 1 book stamp?

I've never known this to happen? I was put off even with the car being what appears to be a bargain.....anyone known of this before?

This car is the second I ve seen in a fortnight in Essex without a WPO chassis number but a DVLAS chassis number

the first car is saw was a Macan Turbo on a Q plate which had been imported from Australia ,it had no chassis number hence the q plate.

I was offered the silver 991 which when I HPI'd it came up as registered in 2015 and with a DVLA chassis number

Australia has horrific import duties 100% ish , so its incredibly rare for a car to come back from Australia , as it also has 20% vat and 10% import duty added to the price when imported

be warned as its HPI clear, if the damage happened outside of the UK

mark pearce said:
This car is the second I ve seen in a fortnight in Essex without a WPO chassis number but a DVLAS chassis number

the first car is saw was a Macan Turbo on a Q plate which had been imported from Australia ,it had no chassis number hence the q plate.

I was offered the silver 991 which when I HPI'd it came up as registered in 2015 and with a DVLA chassis number

Australia has horrific import duties 100% ish , so its incredibly rare for a car to come back from Australia , as it also has 20% vat and 10% import duty added to the price when imported

be warned as its HPI clear, if the damage happened outside of the UK

The trader gave a story that it was a shell originally set aside by Porsche to use in the Porsche Cup, but after sitting for a couple of years was built up for road use....bit of a tall story and the whole thing screamed run away. Shame really...stunning car perfect for a few euro road trips!

Seem like a similar set up to the My next car, who are near me, and other well known Yorkshire car park dealers :bandit:

:nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back