Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Top Gear - New Presenters.

Alex

So...

Freddie and Paddy.... in

Rory.... out - well, at least relegated to TGE

Final nail in the coffin for TG - only Harris has any motoring cred - now given him a pair of comedians to work with.

Can't say that I will be tuning in when it comes on the air - just no appeal for me

McGuiness comes across like a Poundland Danny Dyer.

mikeluke said:
So...

Freddie and Paddy.... in

Rory.... out - well, at least relegated to TGE

Final nail in the coffin for TG - only Harris has any motoring cred - now given him a pair of comedians to work with.

I really can't see this working. I'll give it a look, but for me McGuinness is best confined to occasional appearances on Celebrity Juice out in the depths of ITV2. I daresay that he has been hired as some dimwit at the BBC thinks that he will bring the audience demographic from Take Me Out to a Sunday evening car programme... I'd be very surprised... :nooo:

But what do I know. I thought that the first episode of the latest Dr Who was so bad that people would switch off in droves, but apparently it is holding ratings so far. :dont know:

Further proof if needed that TG is no longer about vehicles but a "vehicle" for egotistic idiots of celebs to gat air time. Have not watched it since Clarkson, May & Hammons spoilt it in the late 1990's.

Just read that Simon Mayo will be leaving Radio 2 - Drivetime also lose Jo Wiley back to an evening slot.

You have to wonder about the producers at the Beeb and if they have any idea about their audiences.

Drivetime WORKED with Mayo and his crew - it just did't work with Jo Wiley - she is just the wrong personality for that time slot - great presenter/wrong time. Now the whole show has fallen apart

TG will go the same way

Next we'll be hearing that England's new opening batsman is Jeremy Kyle. It seems these "skills" are easily transferrable.

mikeluke said:
Just read that Simon Mayo will be leaving Radio 2 - Drivetime also lose Jo Wiley back to an evening slot.

You have to wonder about the producers at the Beeb and if they have any idea about their audiences.

Drivetime WORKED with Mayo and his crew - it just did't work with Jo Wiley - she is just the wrong personality for that time slot - great presenter/wrong time. Now the whole show has fallen apart

TG will go the same way

Good, Jo Wiley has no personality. I knew that would never work. Same can be said with new breakfast time host, I will be moving away from that as well now. Should have gone to Sara Cox IMO.

Regards Top Gear is a obvious there trying to pull in people who would not normally watch it. I did feel that Rory just tried too hard, Matt and Chris has a little chemistry. Problem is the primetime slot they need to have people who the general public will recognise and have some connection with.

Pooh why don't the beeb let it die!! It shows one thing Clarkson and co were actually very good! They must be pi$$ing themselves.

I watched a handful of TG with Joey etc. in it but havent really connected since Clarkson etc left. I dont bother watching it any more :nooo:

All tbe Radio 2 comments are bang on!
Breakfast show shoulda been Cox. Can't stick Ball, especially after the way she was with Norman Cook.

Many folk I know are getting proper hacked off with the BBC in general, especially with the way they're trying to manipulate society to their own agenda.

Seems the only part left with any credibility is Radio 6........and the odd local weather person.

Must admit to being disappointed when I saw this news. I'll still watch it and give it a chance as there will never be enough good car shows on the telly for me. Harris is still there too, so not all bad.

I followed Paddy on social media for a while. I had to stop because he comes across as very self obsessed at times. Mind you of all the actors/showbiz people I've met, they all seem to have this trait to a certain extent - goes with the territory I think... :dont know:

New Dr Who was next to me all night at Lenny Kravitz concert earlier this year. She was proper attention seeking with me. Got quite embarassing at one point.

Alex - no need to be ashamed, mate - did you have the shirt off and guns out again??

:floor:

:grin: No, the GF was with me. I do recall the GF commenting on what a cracking pair she (Dr Who) had.......Not that I'd already noticed :oops:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back