Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car will not turn over, but battery is ok

simonkay1

Hi guys
Went to move my 98 Carrera 2 this morning, put the key in, everything lights up, but when I turn the key.... nothing!

I have checked the battery and that is all ok (only 3 months old anyway) checked all fuses, they are all ok, not sure where to look next.

I think it is something to do with the immobiliser but not sure how to clear it. Tried locking/unlocking the car many times but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

:yeah:

Also earth strap on the engine. That's an eay one, just put a jump lead from the engine to a metal part on the chassis (or earth on battery if it'll reach).

Infrasilver, you are a star. Did not think to totally disconnect the battery.
Left it 5 minutes, reconnected and off she went, no radio codes lost etc, so very happy.
I will drink a glass of wine to you with my sunday dinner later, cheers buddy :worship: :worship: :worship:

Thanks Alex, appreciated you trying to help also :worship: :worship:

simonkay1 said:
Infrasilver, you are a star. Did not think to totally disconnect the battery.
Left it 5 minutes, reconnected and off she went, no radio codes lost etc, so very happy.
I will drink a glass of wine to you with my sunday dinner later, cheers buddy :worship: :worship: :worship:

:thumb: :cheers:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back