Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Centre console lighting repair

Darren OD

Latest little job completed, none of the lights were working on the centre console, so a little digging revealed the pcb's with all the lamps failed. The lamps are not available as spares and the boards were £90 each which I thought was a rip off. This is my solution.
IMG_3885.jpg
[/URL]
Before there are two like this, one above the hazard switch row, one above the spoiler and diff lock. I have used pre ballasted leds as these will work on 12v with no shunt resistor needed, the only thing to really look out for is the position on the tracks of the + and - so you can bend the legs of the resistor to the correct polarity.
[/img]
I used red on the top row and clear on the bottomwith red on the diff switch
IMG_3995.jpg
[/URL]
Finished article[/img]

Nice job.

I made a similar repair using the kit from Bergvill F/X, cheap as chips and comes with instructions.

Unfortunately my car has lost the template that forms the red symbols in your picture so my car looks like a red light district at night.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back