Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Half Covers for Outdoors

½cwt

I'm considering getting a half cover for my recently acquired Boxster S for the winter as it lives outdoors. Anyone got any experience recommendations (other than don't leave it out doors...)? The one that had caught my eye is a Cabrio Shield Premium at about £180.

That sounds like quite a good solution - I have used Stormforce covers over the last 5 years - come in at about £140 each but they are only good for about two years before they delaminate and break down

These Cabrio Shield ones have a 5 year warranty, so could be more cost effective

I am also looking into this at present but don't know whether to go half or full ...... there is a decent half for £66 on Amazon which I might try ....... if I go full I would want it to be breathable and tight fitting and I think those start at around £150/175.

I've looked around a bit and there seem to two distinct types, the lighter weight keep the UV and a bit of rain off like the lighter weight Cabrio Shield of UK Custom Covers or the heavier duty water repellent and breathable type to put it on for a few weeks over winter. Given the cost multiplier is less than 3x and my car is outside 365 days I'm happy to part with £180 to better protect the car if that stacks up with others' expereince.

I have just bought a half cover from Cabrio Shield, I went for the lightweight ( relatively ) breathable version. I had the less expensive version from them on my Audi TT but found it a bit heavy to install , I am not as strong as I was in my earlier life, the main reason for not getting one of these for the Boxster was I found it sweated slightly leaving the inside of the cover slightly damp even when it was not wet. The lightweight version I now have does not exhiib these characteristics, I can leave it on for several days when I am not using the car without concerns, the cover is very well made with velcro straps for round the mirrors and a couple of rubber dowels that fit in the boot lid panel gaps but the weight of the fabric would make it need gale force winds before it would take off.

Hi Art, can you confirm whether yours is the standard or premium version?

Hello, I now have the premium version, my choice was made after my experience with the standard version on my Audi TT roadster as described above. Service was quick, approx 4 days from ordering a UK Mail courier was knocking on my door.

Premium Cabrio Shield half cover ordered ........ :thumbs:

So I ordered a premium spec half cover for better winter protection from Cabrioshield on Sunday evening which arrived today, Wednesday! It's in blue as I have a blue hood so I just need to things to dry out a bit before I test fit it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back