Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel Hangers

Milo72

Does anyone have 1 or 2 they want to sell or know where you can get them in the U.K. Only site I found them on wanted £28 for 2.

They are all over eBay for £7 but not in this country, same for Amazon.

This may be a dumb question but here goes: is there a similar tool available for 993 wheels - using nuts rather than bolts?

Try your local OPC, I bought an extra one a couple of months back and it wasn't expensive

Tycho said:
This may be a dumb question but here goes: is there a similar tool available for 993 wheels - using nuts rather than bolts?

The wheel hangers are a temporary 'rest' for those who struggle to correctly orientate the wheel whilst trying to locate the securing bolts. They are then screwed out to allow the final bolt(s) to be screwed into position.
Studded hubs that accept nuts will already have somewhere to hang your wheel so keep your money in your pocket :thumb:

Yes, I was after some sort of bolt extension to help get the wheels on. I do like to get them off regularly for cleaning, but as the result of surgery (after multiple bilateral arm fractures) I can struggle to put them back. I resorted to using a small trolley to support / manoeuvre the wheels but still usually end up swearing. Actually did the wheels this weekend & all went smoothly apart from the extra job of removing glue residue from old balancing weights after a tyre change.

Tycho said:
Yes, I was after some sort of bolt extension to help get the wheels on. I do like to get them off regularly for cleaning, but as the result of surgery (after multiple bilateral arm fractures) I can struggle to put them back. I resorted to using a small trolley to support / manoeuvre the wheels but still usually end up swearing. Actually did the wheels this weekend & all went smoothly apart from the extra job of removing glue residue from old balancing weights after a tyre change.

Sorry to hear of your struggles. Have you tried jacking the car to a level that resting the wheel on a piece of wood 5mm low of the target would mean easier relocation?
WD40 and a lollipop stick is great way to remove sticky stuff :thumb:

Thanks for the advice, a lollipop stick sounds good for avoiding damage. Shoulder is still hanging in there 13 years after I was told it would last 10 years if I was careful. I will practice over winter, might apply for a F1 wheel change job.

Get one of the rubber eraser wheels that fits in a drill, they are designed fror removing body trip residue but whizz of the wheel weight sticky stuff a treat. Was about £15 when I re did lettering on the Rangey Rover saves ages of faffing.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back