Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Coupe parcel tray size?

Kiwi

Hi all, it's been a very long time since I last posted. I have taken a number of years grace from 911's after my daughter was born as it was a bit impractical trying to get her in the back plus my wheelchair. Anyway for the past year my parents have lent me their yellow 997 C2S Cab which I've been enjoying. I've even managed to find a small car seat for my daughter when she wants to come and a way to get my chair in with her their (so long as I have someone to put the wheels in the bonnet). Anyway I'm just starting to consider a new daily driver and was just wondering how much space their is in regards to the parcel tray at the back in the coupe, specifically the height from the rear set to the window glass, and likewise the distance from the back of the rear seat to the back panel/firewall of the parcel tray. I'd check the cab but I'm not confident they are the same as the coupe (given the the roof mechanism). I'm just trying to see if the space can be utalised for my needs if necessary. Cheers

Morning mate, my cars not here so cant measure it for you sorry hopefully someone else can, but a couple of things to consider

space may be an issue with an AWD 4S etc as the awd system takes up space and the front boot space is much smaller

dont get a car fitted with BOSE as the Bose panel on the rear parcel shelf takes up about 50% more space . you wont see this on the cab if its bose as its in the PAX footwell .

lastly consider a Targa as they are hatchbacks and access may be better for you.

hope some of those suggestions help and good luck with the search :thumb: :thumb:

Attachments

• 22f2449188355b6c5b2836c3e80769ce_181.png
    22f2449188355b6c5b2836c3e80769ce_181.png
    676.3 KB · Views: 1,428
You can easily fit two small children, or 1 teenager, in the frunk :thumb:

Thanks for the input, yep having had a Turbo 996 the extra space in the bonnet compared to a 2wd 911 is noticeable and often handy. Although one does tend to learn how to pack quite efficiently when challenged with a smaller space. The bike rack... ah no :eek:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back